• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 4: Stage Conception

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Link to original post: [drupal=4402]Super Smash Bros. 4: Stage Conception[/drupal]

UPDATE: Decided to add a navigation page on the front so getting to particular stage concepts are quicker and easier!

(Nintendo)
Cyber Holosseum
Saturn Valley/Cave of the Past
Skytown Elysia
Starship Mario
Sunset Shore
Gluglug Lagoon
N's Castle
Urban Ruins
Nintendo
Bowser's Castle
WuHu Island
The Stage
Red Canyon
Hyrule Castle (Interior)
Geothermal Power Plant
Gaur Plains
Sector Z
Tin Tower
Fountain Gardens
Diamond City
The Ring
New Mushroom Kingdom
The Flying Kroc
Orange Star Headquarters
Rainbow Road
New Smashville
Elemental Lighthouse
Skyloft
Cookie Country
Built To Scale
Living Room
Heavenly Flight
Dragon's Altar (it may not be mine but I'm godfathering this child) By: ---

Returning Brawl stages

Hector's Laboratory By: ---

(Third Party)
Zenithia (Dragon Quest)
Robot Museum (Megaman)
London (Professor Layton)
Endless Tower (Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy)
Tetris (Tetris)
Forest Maze (Super Mario RPG)
Dracula's Mansion (Castlevania)
Rooftop (Street Fighter)
Bomb Arena (Bomberman)
The Airship (Final Fantasy)
Central Highway (Megaman X)
Zenan Bridge (Chrono Trigger)
The Internet (Megaman Battle Network)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So let me ask a question, Earthbound stages. What is next? Now that Melee will be two generations behind I doubt we will see either Onett or Fourside return, New Pork City is so loathed I doubt they will be bringing that back. Meaning we will be due for a new stage. So let me ask, what should it be? Here is my proposal ladies and gentleman, Saturn Valley.

The level is found in both Mother games and play significant roles in both stories. They could model it more after the Mother 2 design since it was larger.

The stage would be very simplistic looking. You fight in the middle of Saturn Valley. Not much to it, the houses will be your platforms and you'll see in the background Saturn's walking around. Occasionally stepping onto the battlefield and becoming a normal item. Up on the cliffs will be the shop and hot spring, along with some Mr. Saturns floating via balloon. If you look hard enough, towards the very top of the stage, in the cliffs you will be able to see Milky Well. Ness' third sanctuary location.

Behind you you will notice something rather large and mechanical in the shape of a Mr. Saturn. Why it's the Phase Distorter 2! Dr. Andonuts will be standing next to it, doing repairs and occasionally taking a break to look at the field.

What is special about this stage is it has an alternate... In the alternate, everything will proceed as though you were having aa normal match in Saturn Valley. Except this time it is anything but normal. Andonuts makes a mistake, activating the Phase Distorter and sending you into the past! So the stage will blur and black rings will begin pulsating from the Phase Distorter. [The timing of this will be about 2 seconds after the match begins.]

You are now stuck in The Cave of the Past to finish out the remainder of your fight. The colorful, friendly world of Saturn Valley has now been substituted for the isolated, monochrome world filled with diamond shaped objects buzzing behind you. All the way in the distance is a cave with a mysterious red glow... The light moving as a heartbeat would... It is a menacing cold land.

Now the stages are different in design beyond just aesthetics. Whereas Saturn Valley is a walk off, The Cave of The Past is not; you can actually fall off.

Stage Example: Saturn Valley

........_..................___
....../...\.............../.....\
___|....|________|.....|___

Alternate Example: Cave of the Past

"+" indicates open space, also indicating where the edges of the stage are

Stage: Saturn Valley/Cave of The Past
Icon: Earthbound logo

-Tracks-
(Saturn Valley)
Earthbound - Saturn Valley (i iMaGiNe tHiS sOnG rEmIX? bOiNg!)
Earthbound - Welcome Home Ness ~ Jolly Flying Man
Mother 3 - Mr. Batty Twist
Mother 3 - And El Mariachi
Earthbound - Battle Medley - New Age Retro Hippie ~ Mobile Opponent ~ Weird Opponent
MOTHER - Roving Tank
Mother 3 - Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise (Brawl)
Mother - Humoresque of a Little Dog (Brawl)
Mother - Snowman (Remastered) (Brawl)
Earthbound - Fourside (Melee)
Earthbound - Onett (Melee)

(Cave of The Past)
Eathbound - The Cave of the Past
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business!
Earthbound - Kraken of the Sea
Earthbound - Otherworldly Foe
Earthbound - Sanctuary Guardian
Earthbound - Against a Machine
MOTHER - Factory
Mother 3 - Strong One (Masked Man)
Mother 3 - Porky's Porkies
Mother 3 - You Call This a Utopia?! (Brawl)
Mother 3 - Porky's Theme (Brawl)

Two stages for the price of one. If any stage or series deserves this, it is Earthbound.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is another one of my stage ideas!

Skytown Elysia from Metroid Prime 3. Why this and not Other M? Who said we won't have both? We have had two new Metroid stages since Melee, why can the same not be of Smash 4? So, I will go with the, as of now, last chapter in the Prime series. The stage would be two platforms designed around the architecture of the level on opposite sides. Separated by a giant chasm in between, the only way across is by the rail above. A platform will be suspended and will go back and forth. It would be a large stage, because both platforms will have to be big enough to fight on. The only gimmick is there will be gates along the rail that you have to hit to open, just as in the game.

Visual example: |-| -------- _|--\_|-|

Stage Name: Skytown Elysia
Icon: Metroid icon

Metroid Prime 3 - Skytown
Metroid Prime 3 - Rundas
Metroid Prime 3 - Dark Samus
Metroid Prime 2 - Emperor Ing
Metroid Prime 2 - Sanctuary Fortress
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts
Metroid Prime - Metroid Prime
Metroid Fusion - Sector 4
Metroid Prime - Opening/Main Theme (Brawl)
Metroid Prime 2 - Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2) (Brawl)
Gameboy Camera - Shooting medley ~ Shoot 1 ~ Shoot 2 ~ Items
Wii Photo Channel - Scenic

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'd dig Satrun Valley, considering I've never played any game in the series, but I actually recognise that place lol.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'd dig Satrun Valley, considering I've never played any game in the series, but I actually recognise that place lol.
Saturn Valley would be the best selection for a new Earthbound stage. It appears in both games and plays important roles in the plot of both. Plus, who wouldn't love to see dozens of Mr. Saturns in the background and the Phase Distorter?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay everybody, here is number #4.

The Starship Mario! The main hub/starship from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Out of all the stages this one is the most straight forward, Battlefield type design. The field would be at the command deck of the Starship Mario, with three platforms above. The background is what will make this stage remarkeable. For starters; on the ship itself you will find Lubba, little Luma's floating back and forth, the Toad Brigade and their craft, and the occassional star bit falling onto the stage (the effect of which will heal a character 1% of damage). Here is where the special part comes in, simlarly to Lylat Cruise, Starship Mario will warp to different galaxies between Mario Galaxy 1&2! An intergalactic tour while fighting on a giant, floating Mario head! The galaxies you can see will be as follows:

Comet Observatory
Good Egg Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy
Battlerock Galaxy
Toy Time Galaxy
Melty Molten Galaxy
Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Wild Glide Galaxy
Freezy Flake Galaxy
Supermassive Galaxy
Space Storm Galaxy
Throwback Galaxy

Stage name: Starship Mario
Icon: Mushroom

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Starship Mario
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Throwback Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Yoshi Star Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Final Bowser Battle
Super Mario Galaxy - Into The Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Purple Coins
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 - Bowser Galaxy*

*This song will be a melding of the two Bowser Galaxy themes

I know a lot of people imagined a planetoid kind of stage, but I think this is more functional and likely. The music is going to be the more controversial part as there are still many good tracks left out. Since, as of now, the musical limit for each stage is 12 I wanted to cap it at that. Tried to add a little more diversity with some of the selections while keeping the favorites. Hope you all enjoy!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, guess what's here again? That's right, stage number 5! I'm going with an idea that has more of a unique factor to it.

Coming straight from Donkey Kong Country Returns is the monochrome Sunset Shore! What is it about this stage that will be so unique? Here is the secret, just as Donkey Kong becomes a silhouette who's only source of color is the clothing on him. The same effect will be applied to every character within the stage! Examples; only Mario's overalls and hat will have color, Link's tunic, Pit's gold bracers, Samus' visor, Sonic's shoes, etc... Unfortunately Mr. Game and Watch won't see much change... Most items will be single silhouettes just like the bananas and coins were in DKCR. The silhouettes won't have the problem of blending into the background as the actual foliage that is shaded will be toward the top of the stage, not affecting items or characters below.

The stage itself will take place on a boardwalk with platforms on stilts that you hit to pop up. The stage itself will be a little bare basic, but the charm is in the design effects.

Stage example [the periods are only for spacing out how the platforms would be arranged]:
_.............._
....-...-...-...
--------------

Stage Name: Sunset Shore
Icon: Dk Symbol

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Sunset Shore
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Forest Frenzy
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Rickety Rails
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Factory Friction
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Aquatic Ambience
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Life in the Mines
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Golden Temple
Donkey Kong Country - Jungle Japes (Brawl)
Donkey Kong Country - The Map Page / Bonus Level (Brawl)
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - DK Jungle 1 Theme (Barrel Blast) (Brawl)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - Battle For Storm Hill (Brawl)
Diddy Kong Racing - Hot Top Volcano

So hopefully this stage concept jig I have going is catching on. More importantly hopefully everyone enjoys the latest idea!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I know a lot of people imagined a planetoid kind of stage, but I think this is more functional and likely. The music is going to be the more controversial part as there are still many good tracks left out. Since, as of now, the musical limit for each stage is 12 I wanted to cap it at that. Tried to add a little more diversity with some of the selections while keeping the favorites. Hope you all enjoy!
Maybe the StarShip will rotate along the time when you're battling and sailing to other galaxies. (Like in Brinstar Depths, but on one linear direction) Or not.

About the musical selection for DKCR-stage, they're very great! I'm sure this kind of stage will be done for SSBU.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's got a very distinctive look and great set of tracks.

Just I would just throw this one track onto the My Music list.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah, it's got a very distinctive look and great set of tracks.

Just I would just throw this one track onto the My Music list.
Well technically that is the bonus music from Donkey Kong Country one, which is already a song on Rumbe Falls. Since that stage will more than likely return (regrettably) the song will still be associated with the level. So unless My Music will allow us to swap tracks onto other stages I don't think we will see it on the next Donkey Kong stage.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The Starship Mario, and Saturn Valley ideas are awesome. Keep at it. Have you thought of any non boring Pokemon levels? :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay, so with this next stage idea I am charting into some unfamiliar water here. I've never played a game from this next series, so if there are better ideas/choices please excuse my ignorance.

It's our cute yellow little fellow Starfy! After a significant run as an exclusive series in Japan, he has finally made his way stateside with the release of The Legendary Starfy. So, what better stage than a beach? A lagoon! One side of the stage is sand and the other side a giant rock. Separated by a body of water coming in from the sea. On the beach side you have two platforms, one hovering over the other. These platforms are important as occasionally the tide will pick up and the sea will flow over the sane and base of the rock. To keep from drowning you'll need to be on higher ground, err platform... As for the rock, think of the "rock" transformation in Pokémon Stadium 1. Other than that it's just a big rock... As you fight in the sand you can unearth perls which can heal small amounts of health, 1-3%.

Underwater would be a purple mermaid shell that, when hit, would allow a mermaid to go free. She will wave at the screen and swim away, but not before leaving an item on the shore.

Friends and other characters from Starfy's series can also be seen in the background, watching and cheering.

Stage example:
.....__
__
---------\^^^^(---)

Stage Name: Gluglug Lagoon
Stage Icon: Bubble icon

The Legendary Starfy - Gluglug Lagoon
Densetsu No Starfy - Sea of Ice
Densetsu No Starfy - Deep Sea
Densetsu No Starfy 2 - Lobbers Cave
Densetsu No Starfy 2 - Game Over
Densetsu No Starfy 3 - Sea Of Sky/Puff Top
Densetsu No Starfy 3 - Evil's Final Theme
Densetsu No Starfy 4 - Boss Music
Densetsu No Starfy 4 - Ending
Densetsu No Starfy 4 - Dressup Fun
The Legendary Starfy - Final Boss
The Legendary Starfy - Super Tough

This one may take a little more "creative liberty", but hopefully everyone enjoys it. We could use a good beach/lagoon/cove stage.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So I've finally hit number #7 in my list of stage concepts. Oh look it's a castle too! Bet you're expecting something from Mario, or Zelda, or Fire Emblem, or heck even Kirby right? Nope, try Pokémon!

That's right, it is the castle of Team Plasma's leader N! Who is basically what you would call the Pokémon version of an overzealous PETA leader. Except I don't remember when PETA had a towering castle! This stage is much like Spear Pillar, in that it takes place where you encounter Reshiram and Zekrom. You'll fight in the throne room itself while N sits there and watches, petting his Pokémon looking both perturbed and amused. Yes, Reshiram and Zekrom will be in the background. Occasionally N will command one of them to launch an attack towards the characters, but without the awful effects seen in Spear Pillar. The stage itself is simple, flat with platforms. When one of the legendary Pokémon attack it does damage to the background of the stage. Causing parts of the ceiling to collapse, exposing the stage to more of the sky; pillars fall, fractures can be seen on the walls, etc... After too much damage the Pokémon will leave with N on their backs; leaving you to continue battling in a celing-less, wall-less, dilapidated room high in the sky.

Stage example:

....__......__

Stage Name: N's Castle
Stage Icon: Pokéball

Pokémon Black/White - N's Castle (Castle Bridge)*
Pokémon Black/White - N Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Team Plasma Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Wild Pokémon Battle (In a Pinch)*
Pokémon Black/White - Tower of Heaven
Pokémon Black/White - Legendary Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Ending
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - Cynthia
Pokémon Platinum - Giratina Theme
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Sky Tower
Pokémon Trading Card Game - Club Leader Duel
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - Team Galactic Battle! (Brawl)

*These song's are mixed together

So Shortie did I do you proud? Or is it lacking in some way? Let me know.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay everybody, here is number #4.

The Starship Mario! The main hub/starship from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Out of all the stages this one is the most straight forward, Battlefield type design. The field would be at the command deck of the Starship Mario, with three platforms above. The background is what will make this stage remarkeable. For starters; on the ship itself you will find Lubba, little Luma's floating back and forth, the Toad Brigade and their craft, and the occassional star bit falling onto the stage (the effect of which will heal a character 1% of damage). Here is where the special part comes in, simlarly to Lylat Cruise, Starship Mario will warp to different galaxies between Mario Galaxy 1&2! An intergalactic tour while fighting on a giant, floating Mario head! The galaxies you can see will be as follows:

Comet Observatory
Good Egg Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy
Battlerock Galaxy
Toy Time Galaxy
Melty Molten Galaxy
Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Wild Glide Galaxy
Freezy Flake Galaxy
Supermassive Galaxy
Space Storm Galaxy
Throwback Galaxy

Stage name: Starship Mario
Icon: Mushroom

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Starship Mario
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Throwback Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Yoshi Star Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Final Bowser Battle
Super Mario Galaxy - Into The Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Purple Coins
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 - Bowser Galaxy*

*This song will be a melding of the two Bowser Galaxy themes

I thought I'd throw out what Staphoenix posted, I love these ideas for a Super Mario Galaxy concept.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thank you very much. Glad everyone is receiving these ideas of mine so well. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So this time my next stage concept is going to be a little different than the ones previously, how so you ask? Well I'll tell you. My next stage concept is a third party stage! I'm not going to do many of these, but I am going to work on ideas for franchises I feel have legitimate chances at guesting in the next title (not saying they will or won't). These are completely at my discretion so if you disagree with me, tough cookies. Without further ado, let me introduce our first guest stage!

Coming to us straight from Dragon Quest, it is the floating castle Zenithia! For those of you who missed out on Dragon Quest IV, V, and VI for the DS; first off shame on you, secondly this castle spans across the "Zenithia Trilogy" and plays an important role in the plot of all three games. This trilogy being published on the DS makes me believe this stage would be the most likely choice for a Dragon Quest stage. As you have a better chance of a person being familiar to this castle than any other locale in the DQ universe. It was a difficult choice choosing between this stage or The Observatory from Dragon Quest IX. Maybe down the road I'll do an alterante concept?

Now onto the stage itself. You would be fighting in the large courtyard before the doors leading into the tower. The castle would be glistening while you fight. The background would be magnificent as the castle slowly floats through the clouds. Beneath you could look upon the land as you pass over plains, deserts, ships sailing on the ocean, busy towns, and large towers. Seldomly you'll be able to see the Dragon Lord (Dragon Quest IV, V), Peggy Sue/Pegasus (Dragon Quest VI) or the Starflight Express (Dragon Quest XI) flying in the background in the distance.

One of the secrets to this stage is there is an alternate version that can load, what I call the "Dark World" version. Taking pages out of the many demon realms in the Dragon Quest series. It would take on more of a worn state as seen in Dragon Quest V and VI. You would see some of the iconinc monsters make appearances in the background. Such as Slimes, Golems, Drackys, Goodybags, Rockbombs and others. The sky would turn red and the clouds dark. Below, the once vibrant land would become withered; the waters dark, fires abound, the towers would now look more evil in structure, and the towns ruinous.

Stage Example:

Flat I know, just think Bridge of Eldin.

Stage Name: Zenithia
Stage Icon: Slanted Sword

Dragon Quest - Overture/Title Theme
Dragon Quest I - Chateau Ladutorm
Dragon Quest II - Endless World
Dragon Quest III - Fighting Spirit/Zoma
Dragon Quest IV - Battle For The Glory
Dragon Quest V - Monsters In The Dungeon/Tower of Death/Dark World
Dragon Quest VI - Monsters!
Dragon Quest VII - World of the Strong
Dragon Quest VIII - Great Battle in the Vast Sky
Dragon Quest XI - The Observatory
Dragon Quest VI - Pegasus
Dragon Quest Monsters - Never-Ending Journey
Slime Mori Mori - Find the Slimes!

Well everybody there it is, my first third party stage. The next one will undoubtedly be Megaman. So be on the lookout for that. Hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Revising my Megaman stage idea further as I did not realize the museum stage could also be found in Megaman and Bass. Plus some of the music has been reworked a bit to further refine the choices made. All in all I am even more pleased with this idea, hopefully there will be less disappointment.

GASP!!! No Dr. Wily's Tower?! Nope, my Megaman stage choice is going to be the Robot Master Museum stage from Megaman 7. Except the design will be expanded upon and obviously have recent Robot Masters in the background as well as many old. Through the windows you'll be able to look out upon a futuristic city and even be able to see the giant skyscraper from Megaman 2! Atop the ceiling is a gaping hole from where Dr. Wily broke through in Megaman 7. At points throughout the match you will be able to look up and see Wily's saucer flying about the air with Wily himself in view. You will also see explosions every now and then from within the city where Wily is attacking, a throwback to the many intros throughout the Megaman series. His mechs will be rampaging throughout the city. Yellow Devil, Mech-Dragon, Mad Grinder, and Bass will all make appearances. Attacking places throughout the city like any good, evil robot would do... Metools will walk back and forth along the bottom of the background floor. Protoman will also occasionally warp into the background and watch the fight. Before he does, the music will cut for a few seconds so his whistle theme is allowed to play.

Since Megaman 7 there has been a little addition to the museum... A Wily archive machine! Way in the back beyond all the encapsulated Robot Masters is a giant LCD screen and one diamond shaped machine. You will see the LCD flicker before turning on, once it does pay attention to whose image appears on screen! The machine will fly out from the background and onto the stage and perform the corresponding Robot Master's ability. The abilities will be the same ones as seen in Megaman 10. Except adding a Megaman 10 Robot Master ability, which will be Solar Blaze. The machine will jump around like Solarman and drop balls of heat, which, as they hit a platform or the floor will explode into two crescent waves going left and right. Below will also be a list of damage outputs and effects for each ability.

Wily Archives demonstration

Elecman: Elec Arm, 9%, fast and long range
Woodman: Wood Shield, 10% shield, 5% leaves
Geminiman: Gemini Laser, 10%, only one laser
Ringman: Boomerang Ring, 5%, medium range
Napalmman: Napalm Bomb, 15%, short distance
Flameman: Flame Blast, 8% flame pellet, 11% flame wave
Slashman: Slash Claw, 15%, knockback, close range
Frostman: Frost Wave, 12%, can freeze character, only on floor or platform
Tornadoman: Tornado Blow, 13% tornado, character's jump increases dramatically
Solarman: Solar Blaze, 14%, splits upon contact with platform floor, three balls at one time

Stage Example:

..............___.............___
.....___...............................___

Stage Name - Robot Museum
Stage Icon - Megaman helmet

Megaman and Bass - Robot Museum
Megaman - Cutman
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily Stage
Megaman 3 - Snakeman
Megaman 4 - Wily's Citadel (Complete Works)
Megaman 5 - Protoman's Fortress (Darkman Stage)
Megaman 6 - Mr. X (Complete Works)
Megaman 7 - Shademan
Megaman 8 - Electrical Communication
Megaman 9 - Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxyman)
Megaman 10 - Against the Pressure (though I really want this version!)
Megaman 2 - Robot Master Medley
Megaman X - Central Highway

And just for fun I'll post others that are equally viable. Since Megaman has such a large pool of tracks. These were basically the songs I cut for one reason or another that could easily be swapped for one of the above listed. Lets just hope they increase the stage music cap:

Megaman 3 - Title
Megaman 4 - Dr. Cossack
Megaman 4 - Toadman (Complete Works)
Megaman 5 - Napalmman :'(
Megaman 6 - Knightman (Complete Works)
Megaman 7 - Wily Stage 1
Megaman 8 - Frostman
Megaman 9 - Tornadoman
Megaman 10 - Solarman
Megaman 10 - Heart of Enker
Marvel Vs. Capcom - Theme of Megaman
Megaman: Dr. Wily's Revenge - Dr. Wily Stage
Megaman V - Pluto
Megaman Legends - Flutter Vs. Gesellschaft
Megaman Battle Network - Great Battlers
Megaman Zero - Departure

Ugh... This has to have been the most heart wrenching decision I've had to make yet. Picking only 12 (even though I threw in one more) Megaman tracks kills me as so many good ones are absent (as you can see above). But leaving personal bias aside (as much as I can anyways) I made the choices that offered the most variety and fit the stage. All while retaining the classics. Let me know what you think? Already know I'm going to be slammed for my music choices. Hopefully not too much... If anyone is new and interested in viewing some of my older concepts click the link in my signature. It'll take you to the blog where I've been archiving them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Updated the Custom Robo stage on the first page.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I love the mr. Saturn stage and the Mario Galaxy Stage, but can't Mario's Starship take him through the sweet world Galaxy(or whatever it's called, with the music from SMB3) in Super Mario Galaxy 1? Maybe.... Maybe this stage could have another surprise to it, where, as the ship travels through galaxies, so does the music change?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I love the mr. Saturn stage and the Mario Galaxy Stage, but can't Mario's Starship take him through the sweet world Galaxy(or whatever it's called, with the music from SMB3) in Super Mario Galaxy 1? Maybe.... Maybe this stage could have another surprise to it, where, as the ship travels through galaxies, so does the music change?
No, the tracks are set as in every other stage.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, after doing a couple of third party stage concepts we will now be returning to our normal routine. Back to Nintendo series'. Many of you might be expecting this already as I've mentioned before that this would be my next concept. Hopefully there is still a sense of surprise for some? There was a really good suggestion (which I may come back too later), but ultimately I went with my own idea. Sorry Pie. Been itching to see a stage of this type in the Smash series for a long time, and luckily the past week has presented me with many ideas to achieve just that!

Urban Ruins, while not the most creative name in the world it is the actual name of the first stage from Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. A post apocalyptic city festering with G5 soldiers, mechs and Keepers (alien creatures). The stage is dark, grungy, dilapidated, and brooding; with a background illuminated by the constant firing of lasers and bombings. The stage itself is going to share some commonality with Mute City and Port Tow,n while capitalizing on it's own tricks. Like those two examples listed earlier this means you will be bound to a platform that gives you a "tour" around the city . What a heck of a tour at that! Don't worry though, unlike those F-Zero stages there will be plenty of room to fight on. The platform will be doing a great deal of flying around this ruined city. Buzzing around buildings, going through tunnels, landing on helipads, the whole tour. When you go into a tunnel you will watch as the platform dodges lasers, closing doors and spider like mechanoids.

Prepare to be disorientated as this platform will spin and turn upside down! One minute the buildings are right side up and and the next those buildings and skies upside down as the platform rotates. The characters will always be right side up, so don't think this is Spear Pillar on crack. Only the background changes in perspective. In Sin and Punishment 2 there were many sudden changes in angle and direction as the main character flew, and this stage will follow the same. One added detail is the aircraft that appear in the background will fire missiles towards the stage at points. Before those explosives crash into the stage the character has the chance to attack them, propelling them back towards craft, destroying it. This stage is fast and intense, just like the game!

Stage Example:
The best example I can give is to watch this video for yourself to imagine how the background would play out. Obviously minus the blasting. Go to 6:32 to see my upside down idea in motion.
Example
Upside-down Example

Stage Name: Ruinous City
Icon: "Sin" Katakana symbol

Sin and Punishment - Agave
Sin and Punishment - Ally Riskers
Sin and Punishment - Spiral Up Fortune
Sin and Punishment - Blood Infactor
Sin and Punishment - Risk One's Neck
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Menu Theme
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Fukouka
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Anarchy
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Setouchi
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Saki
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Man Eating Forest
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Nebulox

But what do you think? Does everyone agree with me that we need a post-apocalyptic stage? I can't think of a better way to do it then from a game title Sin and Punishment. Playing this series has given me a better idea of how this stage would work and all I can hope is it is at least close to reality. It will be fun, down the road, seeing how many of these concepts were close to the actual stages in SSB4. Until then, lets enjoy the speculation.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So my last stage idea was pretty fun. After playing through Sin and Punishment it left me with a great deal of inspiration. But now it is time for probably the craziest stage idea I have ever had. It is going to take an old stage mechanics, tweak it, and triple the insanity. In a way this will be the home of a particular returning character, since it will be very applicable to him. So, are you ready for this?

What is this madness?! Why it is the ultimate stage, Nintendo! That is right, this stage takes place on Nintendo consoles! You will begin at the NES and end with the Wii U. All the while dodging the various hazards each consoles brings with it... The consoles will cycle much like Pokéfloats, there will be things that will carry you to the next console. The entire background is a blank TV screen with static. And yes, this is R.O.B's home stage.

NES:
The stage begins on a giant NES, it is long and flat. Much like Pictochat orFinal Destination. Suddenly the light flashes and the power button sinks into the console and the image of Super Mario Bros title screen flashes on the backround. Suddenly the background is nothing but a playthrough of World 1-1! While fighting atop an NES no less! But be careful, there is a strange gun above you. It's a NES Zapper, tired of the blood of fowl it is now hunting you! Dodge the crosshairs to survive to the next evolution of entertainment! The NES starts to pan to the left of the screen and the SNES emerges from the right, jump onto the SNES before you get pulled offscreen by the receding NES.

SNES:
Now it is time for the 16bit era! With the NES gone the screen is blank once more, the stage is now a little more awkward as the design for the SNES is not smooth like the NES. Plus there is a floating controller to the right of the console acting as a secondary platform. Something looks off, what is it? No cartridge in the system? Until now, falling from the sky is a spinning SNES game cartridge. Move out of the middle of the stage before it lands or you will receive massive damage! Now the stage is even more awkward to fight on with the extra level. But the better question is, what game is it? The poser button slides up, the buttons on the the controller/platform start bobbing up and down (which means a hazard for characters on the platform BTW). The screen flashes, A Link to the Past! Our Link begins his adventure in the Dark World, making his way around the strange world. Now the system is off, the controller platform is unplugged from the SNES and begins to lower away, but the stage isn't moving? That is because this time we are going up! Hop onto the Zelda cartridge before you are left behind.

As it rises the cartridge will be your platform and other cartridges (NES, SNES, GB) will rise with you, allowing you to hop platforms to make up for the lack of space. Yes, you will be able to see their cover art and it will cameo many different series and titles.

N64:
Finally you make your way to the N64, this time you aren't fighting on the console, but the controller. Super Mario 64 is in the background on this one. As you hop on the control stick and buttons it will cause Mario to change directions or jump on the screen in the background. The controller itself will move around in the air, finally detaching from the system when that section is complete. Below it will emerge our favorite purple lunchbox!

Gamecube:
But the Gamecube is sideways, so your view is from the side. The console itself is flat with the controller, again, acting as a platfrom to the lower left. Although this time the cable itself is a platform too and extends from the controller to the console. Giving the most space out of all the consoles to battle on. Be careful standing on the Gamecube, because when the top pops up you will be flung off the stage. Just like in Pirate Ship! Then it will close and our next game will appear in the background and its... Super Smash Bros. Melee!!! You will watch a match between Fox and Marth on Final Destination, no items. The disc will eject and it will fly offscreen to the left. The stage will begin panning to the right, only to unveil a certain white, rectangular box.

Wii:
Ahh, a flat surface again! There is one Wiimote floating above the stage acting as an additional platform. It will float up and down and moving in accordance to the action of the game behind it. What game is that? Wii Sports of course. The blue light will flash on the Wii and the games will begin. If it's baseball the Wiimote will swipe across the stage, damaging players. If it's boxing it'll jab back and forth. Golf, a wide sweep below onto the stage. Bowling, will begin at the end of the stage and slowly move halfway until making a large skyward swipe. Tennis, simple easy swing. Tired after so much movement, it is now time to take a break. Wiimote lights flash and the system is off. Whew, time to move on. Our last stop, Wii U.

Wii U:
The Wii U tablet will arrive to the side of the stage just like an elavator. Hop aboard, there is plenty of room. So it will descend, no obstacles of gimmicks just a straight out static platform. But what will play in the bacgkround this time? The very match going on. Just like Pokémon Stadium it will be your characters. Except at point the stage will go blank and below you you will see the tablet screen light up. So down you go and go and go, until you begin at the very beginning. The NES...

You my friends just took the ultimate tour. The Nintendo tour, an experience unlike any other.

Stage Examples:

NES: ________
_-_
Snes: -...-.-

N64: -_-

GC:....___
...-___

Wii:...___
...._________

Wii U: -_______-

Stage Name: Nintendo
Icon: Gyromite symbol

Nintendo - Nintendo (This song will be an original like Pictochat. It will be composed by Hirokazu Tanaka, and will make use of the many "sounds" of Nintendo. Such as the Gameboy boot up jingle, Gamecube jingle, Wii menu theme, cartridges clicking and scratching. Some of the most random sounds that only "Hip" Tanaka could turn into some musical masterpiece!)
Nintendo 3DS - Street Pass Quest
Nintendo 3DS - Street Pass Mii Plaza
Nintendo 3DS EShop - EShop
Gameboy Camera - Credits
Wii Photo Channel - Bright
Check Mii Out Channel - Select a Mii
Wii Shop Channel - Wii Shop Channel (Brawl)
Gyromite - Gyromite (Brawl)
Famicom - Famicom Medley (Brawl)
Meteos - Lastar
Pictobits - End Credits
So many games - Totaka's Song (also here and here)

So what do you think? Was it worth the read? Crazy enough? This is probably a pro-player's worst nightmare but who cares. It's fun and that is what matters! Hopefully everyone enjoyed this as it is probably my craziest.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I organized these songs here for your DKC Silhouette Concept Map. Note that most of them give way to the level's darker tone motif.

Donkey Kong Country Returns- Platform Panic (Secret Levels)
Donkey Kong Country Returns- Music Madness (actually, maybe not this one)
Donkey Kong Country Returns- Rocket Barrel
Donkey Kong Country Returns- Feather Feind
Donkey Kong Country: Diddy's Kong Quest- Lockjaw's Saga
Donkey Kong Country: Diddy's Kong Quest- Jib Jig
Donkey Kong Country: Diddy's Kong Quest- Lost Jungle
Donkey Kong Country- KRool's Ship (DKC2 Edit)
Donkey Kong Country- Funky's Fugue
Donkey Kong Country- Bad Boss Boogie
Nice list, but you forgot the titular track. lol

Not bad though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh My! I must know what that track is!
Krool's 64 Theme? :awesome:

Thanks nonetheless, I tried to match them with the feel of the map, so some really nice tracks didn't make the cut.

EDIT- actually, there does seem like my list is lacking something <.<
If only I knew.
Here's a hint.

Sunset Shore

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So after a wild update yesterday I've decided to swap unexpected for something a little more requested. On top of that it will be a little more subdued than some of my past entries. Not meaning I'm sacrificing quality by any means. But as far as stage mechanics are concerned this one is the least "gimmicky" of them all. Everyone has wanted this stage, much clamoring and whining have ensued. Yet we have never seen it? Until now!

Behold! The frightening, dark tower of the Koopa King himself! Bowser's Castle is as menacing and as conceited as the big turtle/ox thing himself. Over time I have seen many ideas for this stage that usually involve you fighting inside the castle. I'm going a different route. You will be fighting outside atop the castle. This will be more of a "traditional" stage in that it isn't a walk off. You can fall to your deat-err KO... The stage itself will be similar to Super Mario World's Bowser fight, in that you fight on the roof of the castle, except not 16bit and under detailed...

It will be large, after all Bowser is a big king and he needs all the space for his minions. There will be three platforms above the roof of the caste. The sky is dark red, lightning flashing in the background, airships floating in the sky, Koopa Troopa's patrolling the air, Bullet Bill Cannon's line the hills, and Goomba's march in the hills along the backdrop. Menacing stuff indeed. If you look really closely at one of the stars you can see one of Bowser's dark galaxies being formed, cameo paying tribute to Super Mario Galaxy. The lava moat surrounding the bottom of the castle boils while the Podoboos hop about with the occasional eyeing from a Blargh beneath the pool. Off on one of the rooks the Koopa Clown Car is chained down, obviously because Bowser doesn't want some Goomba joy riding in it and dropping a massive bowling ball into the castle. :D

While not as wild as many of the other stages, this stage would be a classic in it's own right. The many background cameos alone make this stage very unique and enjoyable.

Stage Example:
...........__
.......__....__
....__________....

Stage Name: Bowser's Castle
Stage Icon: Mushroom

Super Mario World/SMB3 - Castle/Boss Fortress (Brawl)
Super Mario Bros 3 - Pipe Land (World 7)/Dark Land (World 8)
Super Mario Bros 3. - Airship Theme (Brawl)
Super Mario World - Bowser
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Final Boss
Super Mario 64 - Bowser in the Sky
Super Mario Galaxy - Desperation
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Koopa Road
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Castle
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Volcano
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Vs. Dark Boswer
Wario Land: Shake It - Mt. Lava Lava
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - Shadow Queen

For anyone wondering why Galaxy 2's Bowser music was not listed please refer back to my Starship Mario concept. Overall I'm pleased with this, but I've hit a dilemma. Where do I go for my next stage idea? I am unable to accurately pick a stage for Kirby or Zelda as their latest titles have not been released yet. But one idea sticks out to me, so I will see how that develops. Until next time!

D

Deleted member

Christ, you're stealing all of my ideas. I've had my own Bowser's Castle stage idea for a while (though I posted it in the main SSB4 thread).

It doesn't help that I've been working on my own rip-off of this thread, and you stole like four of my tracks, and one I've already taken off.

But, for one thing, you're missing this. :p

But hey, the stage itself works as something distinct from idea, so I shouldn't be complaining.

EDIT: Well, Spirit Tracks and Epic Yarn offer some interesting stage ideas. I've already based a stage off of each.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You're stealing all of my ideas. I've had my own Bowser's Castle stage idea for a while (though I posted it in the main SSB4 thread).

It doesn't help that I've been working on my own rip-off of this thread, and you stole like four of my tracks, and one I've already taken off.

But, for one thing, you're missing this. :p

But hey, the stage itself works as something distinct from idea, so I shouldn't be complaining.

EDIT: Well, Spirit Tracks and Epic Yarn offer some interesting stage ideas. I've already based a stage off of each.
Cool, I didn't plan on Spirit Tracks so you are safe there. :p

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So last time I went with a very popular choice. Went a different route with it so I could maximize the amount of "cameo-ness". That's right, I'm coining that. But I'm starting to become a little tired and sore having done so many concepts now. It's time for a nice relaxing vacation, like maybe on an island or something... Hmm, I dunno... Is there such an island?

Well what do you know, there is! WuHu Island, the popular resort island for Mii's. Having now appeared in several games, and been the central setting for several of those, this island has become as iconic as their charactertures. It really is splendid living, you know? Look at how much you can do! Well add brawling to that list because this peaceful island is about to get rocked! But it is very big, where would you fight? I mean there is so much to see and do how on earth could you encompass an entire island in one stage? Easy... By plane!

That's right, the entire stage will be atop of a propeller plane. Not as wild as Ruinous City, this tour isn't as much about making your head spin as it is an easy glide through the cities locales. It'll dive lower to the island giving you the opportunity to see more. Fly past the light house, dodge the blimp, over the beach, arpind the volcano, yes you see it all folks.

The stage itself, it is a four winged plane which means two levels on each side. It shares a similar design to Venom from Melee. Except not as large and not the Grey Fox design, obviously. It is simple and relaxing... Although don't let the tranquility fool you. When the plane makes turns left or right the wings will tilt, causing your players to slide a little and the stage will become slanted in the direction the plane is turning. So don't get to confortable hanging around the edge, you could fall, so watch your step.

Stage Example:

____|-|_____
.____||____

Stage Example 2:

.../.../
../../
./../
/../

Stage Name: WuHu Island
Stage Icon: Giant W

Wii Sports Resort - Main Theme
Wii Sports - Wii Sports Theme (Brawl)
Wii Fit - Get In Shape
Wii Party - Menu
Wii Party - Rope Sling
Pilotwings Resort - Hang Glider
Pilotwings Resort - Plane
Pilotwings Resort - Super Rocket Belt
Sim City - Town
Steel Diver - Title Screen
Endless Ocean - Aquarium
Startropics - Cave Action

Well here was a relaxing change of pace from some of the other crazy stages I've posted lately. It is simple and straightforward. An airplane flying around an island. Tried to spice up the stage with some interesting track choices. Trying to find some good tunes out of the "Wii ____" series was difficult. But the choices are pretty good, I at least like them. Where I go from here is anyone's guess. I only have one more stage left that I had planned to do. After that I'm not sure where to go as I'm awaiting several games to be released before I even begin speculation on anything regarding those series. Until next time!

Kantrip

Kantplay
For your next stage, you should cameo all of your stages in one stage. Then, you can name it Super Smash Bros. 4: Stage Inception.

ME MUST GO DEEPER!!

Bwwwwwwwwwoooooonggggggggg.

Anyways, as I've said in the SSBWiiU thread, great stage concepts and I look forward to what you put out after Skyward Sword and Kirby Wii.

D

Deleted member

...And you stole my WuHu Island stage, too. Heheh. Though my version incorporates the original Wii Sports, and overall works noticeably differently.

I'll gladly steal the biplane idea, though, for my own selfish purposes. :bee:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, after deliberating between three different stage ideas I have finally settled upon the one I want to go with. At first I was apprehensive about doing a stage for this game as the latest installment hasn't been released yet, until I remembered something... A very central setting is going to be returning, which leads me to believe that this will be the locale chosen as it is bound to be important once more. Without needing to say anymore, lets dive in!

It's "The Stage" from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door! That's right we have entered Inception levels of confusion with a stage called "The Stage". It is simple, you have your stage and your audience. The better you play, the more people show up and cheer. The worse you play, the more agitated the crowd becomes. When the crowd becomes agitated some of them can become a little naughty... The basic form of which is by tossing a rock or other debris on stage, dealing a small percentage of damage. Another act of disobedience is going behind the stage, pulling ropes which will rain down water (causing the stage to become slippery) or a stage headlight. Or they can activate the foggers, affecting the visibility of the stage. Bomb-ombs will blow up in the audience, scaring and blowing away part of the crowd. The worst one is the curtains will close on you, leaving only the hovering icon visible for a time.

As for the "Stage" itself there will be two platforms dangling from rope that are tied above the stage. Is it possible for prop platforms to hold the weight of some of these characters? I guess so. The platforms can be damaged, attack them too much and they begin to "tear". Leaving you with less and less of a platform.The backdrops of the stage will be dynamic, cycling through many different locales through out the Paper Mario universe. When the backdrop changes you will see the props roll out or rise/lower, depedning upon what is chosen. The stage is large, since it will obviously be a walk off stage. But it will be a grand stage, just for the right occasion!

Stage Example:

.....|.........|
....---.......---....

Stage Name - The Stage
Icon - Mushroom w/ thick outline

-Tracks-
Paper Mario - Koopa Bros.
Paper Mario - Tubba Blubba
Paper Mario - Tutankoopa
Paper Mario - Bowser, King of Koopas
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - X-naut Fortress
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - Shadow Queen
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - File Load
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - Dooplis
Super Paper Mario - Mr. L and Big Bro
Super Paper Mario - The Ultimate Show
Super Paper Mario - Francis
Super Mario RPG - Armed Boss (per Square's allowance)

Wow, I didn't expect choosing music from this series to be so tough. Some of my hardest decisions next too Starhip Mario and Robot Museum. That isn't even covering the inevitable Paper Mario 3DS tracks, but I'll cross that bridge once it comes. For now I'll just list what we have. Hopefully you all enjoy it.

Top Bottom