• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Super Smash Bros. For WiiU Box Art Discussion!

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
A search brought up no relevant threads, so here we go!

Im sure i am not the only one who cares about boxart- in some ways its the most important cosmetic decision, as its what the consumer will first see at the store!

What do you guys think/hope will be Smash 4s box art? Will the wiiu and 3ds be the same only scaled? Do post! :)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Darn.. I don't have photoshop on this computer otherwise I'd throw one together.

I could see the different versions being the same picture but with the background different, like Brawl's North American boxart vs. the Japanese boxart

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I'm hoping for something minimalistic. One of the worst sins of most bad boxart is that they're too cluttered and the meaning is lost or diluted. Simple is best, imo.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm hoping for something minimalistic. One of the worst sins of most bad boxart is that they're too cluttered and the meaning is lost or diluted. Simple is best, imo.
But Smash isn't minimal. I appreciate that the current Smash website is going for a minimal design but the game itself tends to be a frenzy. A minimal look would likely not convey the game's nature very well. Smash 64's boxart I feel conveys the right feeling of the series the best of the three we've had so far.. Sure it's a little messy but so is the game

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
But Smash isn't minimal. I appreciate that the current Smash website is going for a minimal design but the game itself tends to be a frenzy. A minimal look would likely not convey the game's nature very well. Smash 64's boxart I feel conveys the right feeling of the series the best of the three we've had so far.. Sure it's a little messy but so is the game
Good point. I guess it's just a personal thing. I've always preferred simple but meaningful designs to complex ones (not to say that complex ones can't also be meaningful).

Aside from the colour scheme , I wouldn't mind something like this mockup: http://vgboxart.com/boxes/WiiU/54397-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u.png?t=1372720695

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Id really like to see a sort of "good vs evil" scenario, with the faces of the "good" people on the right, and the faces of the "evil" on the left. :D

Top Bottom