• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Universe (My Smash Bros. idea since Melee and Brawl)

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet

This is something I've always wanted to do since Melee. I know what you're thinking; I'm another person who wants to share his smash game idea and you've seen a lot of other people post their ideas of characters and their fancy movesets. If it gets old for you, then you don't have to listen. But for those who enjoy smash as much as I do, those who like to talk about it, it is normal to fantasize your own idea to wonder if it were done this way. A lot of fans have voted for lots of third party characters to be in the game and this was the very first time a ballot was allowed for fans to vote on who they want in. I've seen the ballot and I know what people have wished for, even some who didn't make it to the top 5 made it to the wish list. I've been working on this since Melee and I'm still working on it to this very day. I want an expert on Smash to express his or her opinion on these ideas I have as if to be official because that is my dream; to make my smash idea official to Nintendo. Pipe dream or not, that's up to them so I don't need a reminder of how far fetched it is. I'm not here to listen to the same response people have thrown at me. I just want you to go with the flow on this; play along and have fun because this is what we like talking about. I love talking about it. And I hear that if my idea is popular enough, who knows? Maybe Nintendo would consider something. At least to see what I have to show them. I have over 64 characters on my list that I feel are probable candidates in the Smash universe. I've worked on it for years of researching and still not done. I've a lot of games to play before my list is absolute. But for now, I'd like to share what I have for this particular title that deserves its place because there are way more 3rd party characters from other universes they come from than Nintendo can count, hence why it is called 'Super Smash Bros. Universe.' I'll even explain why I choose them. I've believed a rule for characters to make it in Smash are always the 2; they must be famous and they must be in at least 1 nintendo game. With that said, let's jump straight into the character list or at least the table of contents.

I've also had some other ideas to make this smash game very reeling in so keep an eye out.
Contents

• Fighters List

• Alternate Costumes

• Pokémon List

• Assist Trophy List

• Boss List

• Item List

• Moves

• Stages

• Music

• Roster

• Classic Mode

• All Star Mode

• New Adventure Mode (Name required like Subspace Emissary)

• Castlevania Run

Fighters

Mario Universe

1. Mario

2. Luigi

3. Yoshi

4. Peach

5. Rosalina & Luma

6. Geno (3rd Party I know but personally he belongs in the Mario universe)

7. Bowser

8. Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong Country

9. Donkey Kong

10. Diddy Kong

11. Dixie Kong

12. King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda

13. Link

14. Zelda/Shiek

15. Ganondorf

16. Ghirahim

17. Toon Link

Metroid

18. Samus/Zero Suit Samus

19. Ridley

Kirby Universe

20. Kirby

21. Meta Knight

23. King Dedede

Starfox

24. Fox McCloud

25. Falco Lombardi

26. Krystal

27. Wolf O'Donnel

Pokémon Universe

28. Pikachu

29. Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle / Ivysaur / Charizard

30. Plusle & Minun

31. Jigglypuff

32. Mewtwo

33. Lucario

Warioware

34. Wario

35. Waluigi (I know he isn't in a Wario game but he and Wario might as well be in the Mario universe)

Earthbound / Mother Universe

36. Ness

37. Lucas

38. Claus

Fire Emblem

39. Marth

40. Roy

41. Ike

42. Robin

43. Lucina

Kid Icarus

44. Pit

45. Palutena

F-Zero

46. Captain Falcon

Pikmin

47. Olimar

Animal Crossing

48. Villager

Golden Sun

49. Isaac

Xenoblade Chronicles

50. Shulk

Wii Fit

51. Wii Fit Trainer

Ice Climbers

52. Ice Climbers

Punch Out!!

53. Lil’ Mac

Duck Hunt

54. Duck Hunt Dog

Robotic Operating Buddy

55. R.O.B.

Mr. Game & Watch Universe

56. Mr. Game & Watch

Joy Mech Fight

57. Sukapon

Metal Gear

58. Snake

59. Grey Fox

Castlevania

60. Simon Belmont

61. Alucard

Mystical Ninja

62. Goemon / Ebisumaru / Sasuke / Yae

Rocket Knight Universe

63. Rocket Knight

Sonic The Hedgehog Universe

64. Sonic The Hedgehog

65. Shadow The Hedgehog

Bayonetta

66. Bayonetta

Pac-Man Universe

67. Pac-Man

Klonoa Universe

68. Klonoa

Soul Calibur

69. Nightmare

Megaman X Universe

70. X

Street Fighter Universe

71. Ryu

Resident Evil

72. Jill Valentine

73. Leon Scott Kennedy

Bomberman Universe

74. Bomberman

Banjo Kazooie Universe

75. Banjo & Kazooie

Halo

76. Master Chief

Final Fantasy

77. Cloud Strife

78. Terra Branford

Kingdom Hearts

79. Sora

Valkyrie Profile

80. Lenneth Valkyrie

Mii Fighters

81. Mii Swordfighter

82. Mii Gunner

83. Mii Brawler

84. Mii Sorcerer

Transformations

1. Zelda – Shiek

2. Samus – Zero Suit Samus

3. Squirtle – Ivysaur – Charizard

4. Goemon – Ebisumaru – Sasuke – Yae

Alternate Costumes

1. Mario – Dr. Mario

2. Luigi – Mr. L

3. Peach – Shadow Queen

4. Bowser – Dry Bowser

5. Donkey Kong – Punch Out Donkey Kong!!

6. Pokemon Trainer Red – Pokemon Trainer May

7. Lucario – Karate Gi Lucario

8. King K. Rool – Kaptain K. Rool / Baron K. Roolenstein / Tropical K. Rool

9. Link – Deity Link / Twilight Princess Link / Ocarina of Time Link

10. Zelda – Twilight Princess Zelda / Ocarina of Time Zelda

12. Ganondorf – Twilight Princess Ganondorf / Ocarina of Time Ganondorf

13. Toon Link – Outset Toon Link

14. Kirby – Yarn Kirby

15. Meta Knight – Dark Meta Knight

16. King Dedede – Shogun Dedede

17. Samus – Prime Suit / Fusion Suit / Light Suit

18. Zero Suit Samus – Shorts & Tank Top w/o Pony Tail / Retro Suit with Green Hair

19. Fox – Classic Fox

20. Falco – Classic Falco

21. Krystal – Starfox Adventures Krystal

22. Ness – Majicant Outfit

23. Lucas – Masked Man Lucas

24. Wario – Wario Overalls

25. Captain Falcon – Retro Captain Falcon

26. Olimar – Alph

27. R.O.B. – Virtual Boy R.O.B.

28. Pit – Retro Pit

29. Ice Climbers – Polar Bear Climbers

30. Marth – Classic Marth / Sigurd's Armor

31. Roy – Classic Roy

32. Ike – Brawl Ike / Hector's Armor

33. Robin – Master Seal Armor / Master Seal Armor with Skirt (Female Robin)

34. Lucina – Great Lord with Skirt / Crest Yukata Lucina

35. Lil’ Mac – Wire Frame Lil’ Mac / Lil' Mac with Jacket

36. Goemon – Arabian Goemon

37. Ebisumaru – Tanuki Ebisumaru

38. Sasuke – Maid Sasuke

39. Yae – Schoolgirl Yae

40. Sonic – Jet Set Sonic

41. Bayonetta – Bayonetta 1

42. Simon Belmont – Classic Simon Belmont

43. Alucard – Classic Alucard

44. Snake – Camouflaged Snake Eater

45. Ryu – Ken

46. Jill – S.T.A.R.S. Uniform

47. Leon – R.C.P.D. Leon

48. Master Chief – Arbiter

49. Cloud – Advent Children Cloud

50. Lenneth – Meryl

That's all for today. I just want to reveal the character list first before going on. First, tell me what you think so far as far as the list and alternate costumes. Later on, we'll talk about their movesets, the pokeball pokemon list, assist trophies, stages, music and much more new things I had listed on the table of contents. I mean, I have a LONG list, don't I? I know it won't all be possible but again, this is supposed to be fun to talk about. So, your thoughts? Any questions? Comments?

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Very impressive, but sad to say, Sakurai or even Nintendo always had better ideas.

And gosh, how can you make an Adventure mode cutscenes with sso many characters?

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
Very impressive, but sad to say, Sakurai or even Nintendo always had better ideas.

And gosh, how can you make an Adventure mode cutscenes with sso many characters?
Again, you never know. I may have better ideas or at least ideas they never thought of. There are some things on Smash 4 that were terrible ideas like the Great Cave Offense and Pac-Land. There are some things I didn't like and some ideas weren't expanded with the new characters. I'll get to those when we talk about the movesets.

Right now, anyone on the list you'd love to see in Smash?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Again, you never know. I may have better ideas or at least ideas they never thought of. There are some things on Smash 4 that were terrible ideas like the Great Cave Offense and Pac-Land. There are some things I didn't like and some ideas weren't expanded with the new characters. I'll get to those when we talk about the movesets.

Right now, anyone on the list you'd love to see in Smash?
Well, that means I better archive this thread like sort of a time capsule. When Smash 5 releases one day, we can take a look at this thread.
And about characters, kind of hard to answer.
I'm kind of surprised that you didn't add Inklings, Shantae, and Shovel Knight on this list.

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
Well, that means I better archive this thread like sort of a time capsule. When Smash 5 releases one day, we can take a look at this thread.
And about characters, kind of hard to answer.
I'm kind of surprised that you didn't add Inklings, Shantae, and Shovel Knight on this list.
I haven't played their games yet. I mean what's so great about Shovel Knight? I'm going to do a review of it someday. As for the Inklings... uuuuuuuh, they like the Mii Gunners? Or should they just be costumes for mii gunners? Idk, I have to play that too. Shantae I feel should be an assist trophy more. But I also need to play her game.

How about is there a character on the list you don't recognize?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Valkyrie Profile

80. Lenneth Valkyrie
78. Terra Branford
Halo

76. Master Chief
Resident Evil

72. Jill Valentine

73. Leon Scott Kennedy
Mystical Ninja

62. Goemon / Ebisumaru / Sasuke / Yae
Castlevania

60. Simon Belmont

61. Alucard
oy Mech Fight

57. Sukapon
Klonoa Universe

68. Klonoa
Rocket Knight Universe

63. Rocket Knight
These characters are the ones that I don't think it's worth t be in Smash,either it's because that I'm not familiar with these characters, or it's because that some are way third party characters...
These are just my personal opinions though.

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
These characters are the ones that I don't think it's worth t be in Smash,either it's because that I'm not familiar with these characters, or it's because that some are way third party characters...
These are just my personal opinions though.
I understand and Shovel Knight is a character I don't recognize and why it never crossed my mind to vote for him because I've never played his game. As gamers, it is our duty to explore these obscurities and find out what makes them special to us. I shall elaborate on each character as I talk about their movesets. But I have another reason for calling this 'Smash Bros. Universe.' It is to introduce obscure characters that have been overlooked and need attention to spread awareness of just how good their games are. I mean when Melee came out, I have no idea who Marth or Roy or Mr. Game & Watch or even Ice Climbers were. If they got in, anybody deserves a shot. As for Master Chief... Cloud is the only reason why anything is possible. But again, we'll talk about him when we get there.

So I shall post each character's movesets one at a time because I made changes to some of their movesets and I want everyone's opinion if it's a good idea or not and what they would recommend. But at the same time, work with me. Alright?

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet

There's no need for his backstory to be explained. On to his movesets.

Fireball / Megavitamins
Cape / Super Sheet
Super Jump Punch or Mario Tornado / Dr. Tornado
F.L.U.D.D.

Mario Finale / Dr. Finale

I ask if you feel his up B should be his Mario Tornado because his down B was put as that in Project M. I feel people prefer that to be his down B rather than F.L.U.D.D. But why not have it as his Up B instead? On the ground, he can still perform it on the ground and move freely like he usually did. And in the air, he'd be performing like he would in Super Mario Galaxy. Stars emit around his outstretched arm. I'm not sure what to do about that one. You guys tell me how you feel about this idea. Keep Super Jump Punch or change it to Mario Tornado?

F.L.U.D.D. I know not a lot of people like this move but that's why I decided to give it extra purposes. I played Super Mario Sunshine and what this move is lacking is mobility. Why not have it function as a recovery move too? When you use Down B, aim your joystick downward and it will become a Hover F.L.U.D.D. Use it forward and it'll be a Turbo F.L.U.D.D. for cover extra distances plus speed. Also, I want water to take damage. But only 1% per hit.

Mario Finale has been such a weak final smash, has it? So either have it cover more distance, make it wider or have Mario aim his attack? Does it also leave trail of fire on the ground that hurts anyone that touches it?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hm... pretty good idea, but I'm pretty sure Mario will only get aesthetic changes, I doubt that he will get his special attacks changed. But I do hope that Dr.Mario can become his skin like PM.
Mario tornado had already become his down air, if you did not know. So I am sure his up B will still be Super Jump Punch, it's one of his iconic moves, and hasn't been changed since SSB.

FLUDD had improved a lot from Brawl to Smash4. But what kind of changes to the original FLUDD? Yes, I do notice that FLUDD can push back Mario a bit. So making Mario be able to control where should he be push while at air is great.
Custom moves like scalding FLUDD can give damage already, I'm sure custom moves will be back.

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
I guess you're right. But F.L.U.D.D. will stay then. I personally think my idea would be beneficial for Mario players. The one where you use Hover F.L.U.D.D. as a recovery move. Glad you like that idea.

So NEXT?

Again, no need for a backstory.

Thunderball
Green Missile
Super Jump Punch
Luigi Cyclone

Poltergust 5000

About the Thunderball, it's a slight changeup from the green fireball. It is based upon the thunder skills he learned in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. This time around, Luigi fires a ball of green, crackling electricity at his enemies. The trajectory hasn't changed as it flies straight.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess you're right. But F.L.U.D.D. will stay then. I personally think my idea would be beneficial for Mario players. The one where you use Hover F.L.U.D.D. as a recovery move. Glad you like that idea.
As a Mario main, I do hope he gets buffs, FLUDD has beem consider an useless move to many normal (I won't call them casual) Marip players, even I used to think too. But pro Nario players like Nyani and Ally has inspired me.

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
What do you think of Luigi's new B move?

While you answer that, I'll talk about...

For those who don't know, her original name was Princess Toadstool. Who thinks that name is strange btw? It's like she's princess of Highland. lol

Toad
Peach Bomber
Perry
Vegetable

Peach Blossom

Let's talk about having her Parasol to Perry now. Haven't played the game but I'm aware of it being an umbrella. But unlike others, it makes her bounce when she's using it to drop herself on the floor. So you use Perry as her 3rd jump of course but she can now drop pound on enemies with this new move. If it makes contact with anyone or anything, she'll bounce like in her game. What are your thoughts on this idea? And how many times should she be allowed to bounce in case it sounds too unfair?

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
Maybe, maybe not, I'm not that sure either. If I make Thunderball his B move, then I'd like to add effect to his green missile as a sudden electricity explosion whenever it does a sudden launch.

Oh and you have to tell me what you think of Perry as Peach's new up B move.

Anyway, sorry for the long wait but my computer has been slowing down a lot and needs fixing soon. So next is...

To me, she's the only attractive Mario character I like playing as. I don't really care about Pauline from Donkey Kong.

Luma Shot
Star Bits
Launch Star
Celestial Bubble

Power Star

Celestial bubble; I remember seeing floating in a bubble like the good witch of the North from The Wizard of Oz. I looked it up and thought what this can do that's better than Gravitational Pull. Rosalina will hover slightly raising her arms slightly and close her eyes as a blue bubble of energy surrounds her this will deflect any projectiles and push away opponents as much as a Bumper would. however this deals no DMG. Effect lasts shortly and she can do anything else she wants but nothing can get in or out of her bubble unless she's using a Luma Shot which will shatter the bubble. Now her bubble can be destroyed by attacking it until it is destroyed. She can't use it again for several seconds.

Last edited:

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet

This guy is one of the most heavily requested ones in Smash ever, me included. Well I voted for Wolf but I never ignore him. I could only vote for one and I knew it was unlikely he would be chosen. I just never expect Cloud to be in it.

Geno Beam
Geno Whirl
Star Spin
Geno Blast

Geno Flash

Here's how his moves work since he's a newcomer.

When holding B, he charges his Geno Beam due to the red stars over him. When three appear and are about to vanish, you let go for a full charged attack. The beam can also widen when charged but not overdone. He can even jump but is locked on the ground so he cannot turn around until he fires.

For Geno Whirl, he throws a light energy disc forward. it'll do minimal 9% damage after a second it passes someone. But when timed right after Geno glows which odds of that are below Luigi's green missile missfire, and you press B after that second it passes someone, thunder clashes and deals 999% damage just like in the game. It will not result in knockback though so you'll have to finish the job.

Star Spin is like Polari Spin in Mario Galaxy. His third jump is his arms outstretched and stars emit around him. So should it be called Polari Spin? Is that the actual name of the move in Mario Galaxy?

Geno Blast, like before with the red stars over his head, will unleash a series of beams of light to rain down on people at random locations. They deal little knockback unless their damage percentage is higher.

Geno Flash is when he transforms into a cannon in place and you control a cursor to aim his cannon at said spot. He fires a ball of energy which engulfs that spot into a bigger ball of energy. It shows blinking eyes before closing them and implodes the entire stage dealing multiple damage. More if anyone is near the blast radius.

Top Bottom