• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Ike Try Outs - FINISHED

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So that really IS keeping an Ike (or, Ikes) from winning.
Are you saying an Ike can't win the winners bracket? Or that an Ike can't win the losers bracket? Your two worst Ikes will enter the Losers Bracket. You still have your 3 best. It's not that bad.

Yah... if you do it completely at random... as I've said before there are ways around it. Like... not doing it completely at random.

It wouldn't actually take that long to do manually. No johns.

:034:
You guys forget, a character isn't winning this tourney: it's a player. I'm not going to post "Zelda wins!" or "Ganon wins!" at the end.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just shut up and leave him alone. It is what it is. If Light and Kirk are good enough, they will get far in the loser's bracket. While this does hinder our chances somewhat to see an Ike player win, if the said players are good enough, they will place well.

Also, Ike does struggle against some of the low tier chars. Here is to hoping they don't show up early.

Virg is right. Just go through loser's bracket!

This isn't team ike. :)
This is true. I would like to see an Ike PLAYER win it all, but I'm also rooting for the other Ike players to get the best possible results they can. I'm sure that's why the community here is upset over the bracket placements.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well, me v San first round and then the winner potentially plays Kirk. I realize that making a bracket is hard and all but you can't tell me that this couldn't have been avoided with ease.

Anyway I'm actually a bit flustered since my parents are really getting on my case now and begging me not to take a game console to college for the first quarter. I don't particularly wish to go against them (I have no reason to!) so as such I'm sort of at an impasse.
I doubt the tournament will finish before the 19th of September so if worse comes to worst would Brett / Bored (whoever is free) mind taking my spot in the tournament?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, me v San first round and then the winner potentially plays Kirk. I realize that making a bracket is hard and all but you can't tell me that this couldn't have been avoided with ease.

Anyway I'm actually a bit flustered since my parents are really getting on my case now and begging me not to take a game console to college for the first quarter. I don't particularly wish to go against them (I have no reason to!) so as such I'm sort of at an impasse.
I doubt the tournament will finish before the 19th of September so if worse comes to worst would Brett / Bored (whoever is free) mind taking my spot in the tournament?
Taking a console to college is no big deal. Trust me, coming from a pre-med major, college is not all study and no play. You will get finished with your work, and you will have free time. Some people use that free time to go party, and some like me, use it to play video games.

In any case, my Wii isn't there, and the internet at my place sucks...no point.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Are you saying an Ike can't win the winners bracket? Or that an Ike can't win the losers bracket? Your two worst Ikes will enter the Losers Bracket. You still have your 3 best. It's not that bad.
Not necessarily. You have Kirk and San facing each other. They are arguably the two best Ikes that have entered the tournament. So right off the bat one of our best Ikes is down to losers.

Even if you can't/won't change the brackets, you need to throw us a bone of some sort as it were. Because not only are we bracket screwed, we're bracket screwed harshly in which Ike is facing which Ike. Like if someone has to drop out, and an Ike has been knocked out, that Ike gets to take the drop-out's place regardless of what spot it is. Something to balance this all out at least a bit better.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
PT Boards didn't even bother sending a list lmao. Brackets are really stupid by the way, Ike winning has just been cut in half. Whatever, let's **** this.
Edit: I have to play a Zelda, San has to play Yagami, Kirk has to play a Ganon, and Penta has to play a Link. Good luck everybody.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Well I won my first round, but wifi is sooooooooooooooooooooo wifi it's not even funny...

Definitely losing next round. >.> Cause wifi is gonna kick my *** anyway.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I usually improve by thinking about brawl rather than playing excessively.

Not theory crafting, just watching matches, then playing them out in my head. :)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I'm probably going to have to contact light later on today. I still don't know if there's a deadline or what for the first round. I just know that the Ikes have what it takes to pull through even if it's against each other for a bit, haha.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Yeah, I'm probably going to have to contact light later on today. I still don't know if there's a deadline or what for the first round. I just know that the Ikes have what it takes to pull through even if it's against each other for a bit, haha.
1st round deadline is September 13th, 2nd round winners and 1st round losers deadline September 20th... says on the thread front page

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I wish >_> Ike still has unfavorable match-ups even with characters that are lower than him on the tier list...

Hm, let me check over that. Lucas, Link and Mario are neutrals. Bowser, Yoshi, and Ness, 55:45 Ike. Jigglypuff, Falcon, and Zelda, are all 60:40 Ike. Ganon's a 35:65.

Yes. Ike still has "one" unfavorable match-up in this tournament, Samus (40:60). Virgilijus actually did a nice job sorting the brackets (even though it wasn't intentional), I see no reason for you guys to complain, and especially not with such immaturity. You sound like 3 year old babies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm, let me check over that. Lucas, Link and Mario are neutrals. Bowser, Yoshi, and Ness, 55:45 Ike. Jigglypuff, Falcon, and Zelda, are all 60:40 Ike. Ganon's a 35:65.

Yes. Ike still has "one" unfavorable match-up in this tournament, Samus (40:60). Virgilijus actually did a nice job sorting the brackets (even though it wasn't intentional), I see no reason for you guys to complain, and especially not with such immaturity. You sound like 3 year old babies.
Daaaang. This guy can detect tone of voice over the intrenetz!

But seriously, while I do agree with you that some people here were over-reacting, in the end, they still have the right to complain about it. Especially when they want to see their friends and favorite character do the best they can.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

That was a very poor and quite frankly immature (yay irony!) analogy at the end of that otherwise sound post. Also, you're a little late on the criticizing; we've already long stopped complaining and have accepted the brackets.

And jesus, do you memorize the match-up ratios for characters you don't even main or did you actually look through all kinds of match-up threads just to refute my point which didn't even concern you in the first place? Either way, I wouldn't exactly call that time well spent >_>

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Its not that hard to find match-up ratios that all pertain to one character...

Congrats on the victory Kirk. And I hate you for getting CaramellDansen permanently stuck in my brain :mad:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Its not that hard to find match-up ratios that all pertain to one character...
On the Ike boards it is. We don't have ratios listed in the match-up thread. So unless I'm blind or they're in a different thread, you'd have to visit each character's separate forum to get that info.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna link that thread lol. I kinda like the recent activity here. Be it in the form of an arguement or not.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well... I just looked at that chart and for a few of the low tiers, it gives favorable match-ups for and against Ike. Lucas, Mario and Jigglypuff particularly don't add up. But whatever, match-up ratios don't mean very much anyways IMO.

Top Bottom