• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teleporting

Cy Yunga

Smash Cadet
You know how in SSBM with Mewtwo, Zelda, and Sheik, their Up+B moves couldn't go through really solid parts of the stage. Like in Temple, they couldn't teleport or warp through that column, and in Fourside they couldn't go through buildings. I think that in Brawl, if there are characters who can still teleport, they should be able to go through anything. Anyone share my opinion?

F3ST

Smash Rookie
i think that would be pretty cheap on stages like battlefield, if they can teleport thru the stage.

GreenCarrot

Smash Cadet
i think that would be pretty cheap on stages like battlefield, if they can teleport thru the stage.
thats the whole fun of it

and to the other guy he said through, not inside of.... lets try to be rational here i know its hard

Kirye

Smash Ace
He meant what if it glitched and the character somehow teleported straight into a building because his range couldn't reach the other side.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, they could probably program it so that, if they're going end up inside something, they'll just appear at the nearest point outside that object (which could lead to glitches in itself...; ; ).

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
No I dont like the idea of that... it would get annoying after a while.

marthsword

Smash Ace
I'm with ice trash and numa dude, it would probably cause glitches, and could maybe even create infinite stalls. i like the infinite shine stall lol.

solaris

Smash Rookie
The reason that wasn't included in Melee and the reason it won't be included in brawl is because that's whats called an unfair advantage. no one else can recover thusly and a huge amount of advantages would have to be taken out of the teleporting characters hides to compensate.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
The reason that wasn't included in Melee and the reason it won't be included in brawl is because that's whats called an unfair advantage. no one else can recover thusly and a huge amount of advantages would have to be taken out of the teleporting characters hides to compensate.
You think so...? Zelda and Mewtwo are some of the lower tier characters and are hard to use in competetive play. It would make them better without making them unfair. Shieks vanish might not be long enough to go through a lot of things except for like Battlefields edges and some lesser important points. Overall the only one i could see a need to take away advantages would be shiek. Though, I don't think i support this idea.

solaris

Smash Rookie
You think so...? Zelda and Mewtwo are some of the lower tier characters and are hard to use in competetive play. It would make them better without making them unfair. Shieks vanish might not be long enough to go through a lot of things except for like Battlefields edges and some lesser important points. Overall the only one i could see a need to take away advantages would be shiek. Though, I don't think i support this idea.
I don't mean to be rude but just because you don't know how to use Zelda or Mewtwo doesn't mean they can't be used as good characters. Believe me, I have seen some REALLY good mewtwo characters. To the point of a new phrase had to be coined to explain their absence in the target zone of me and my freinds. The "lightbulb hit", in which you curse mewtwo for once again only being the bright remnant of his teleported self, which leaves you, hitting
a lightbulb. Mewtwo's teleport is too much on an advantage as is, let alone if it could pass through solid objects.

Top Bottom