• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tha Shogun's DK Match Thread

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I saw a thread that had if people wanted their videos critiqued but honestly I wasn't looking for Critique, I just wanted to post my matches to give people ideas or things to do with DK, I will however take advice (I know that kinda sounds like critique but there's a difference lol). So I made a thread to put all my matches together. I want them all to be tournament Matches though, and will try to update as many of them as I can. If I feel there are friendlies worth posting to give people an idea I will do that also, but for the time being it will be Tournament matches only (as Tournament is when people play there best). I'll update this thread accordingly, thank you and enjoy:

Tha Shogun vs. Meximelt (Lucario):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PL8fidMJJ4

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Cool stuff! I used to play as samus and dk back in my melee days (non competitively) and I used to love watching your videos. Glad to see that you're playing again and that there's another serious DK main out there.

As far as gameplay, I think once you break out of that melee shell and incorporate some more of the things that PM DK has to offer you will improve fast, and you already seem to be a really good DK just because of your fundamentals. Your first step should be to master the dash attack :)

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Yes I could never put DK down! If the next smash is competitive enough I will also be using DK there too. :)

I'm fairly decent at usage of the Banana roll (well I call it that, dunno if that's a smash turn or not) just it was not implented in this video. I used DK as a test to see how he fair'd against Lucario, I got nice results, but was a little nervous on my approach as he spaced his Rolls (Lucarios rolls are so long) pretty well so where I couldn't punish on reaction.

My opponent didn't play smash as religiously as I do, but his knowledge for fighting games carried over (He won the K.I. tournament that day, another reason why I feel he used Lucario).

Also thanks ^.^

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Yes I could never put DK down! If the next smash is competitive enough I will also be using DK there too. :)

I'm fairly decent at usage of the Banana roll (well I call it that, dunno if that's a smash turn or not) just it was not implented in this video. I used DK as a test to see how he fair'd against Lucario, I got nice results, but was a little nervous on my approach as he spaced his Rolls (Lucarios rolls are so long) pretty well so where I couldn't punish on reaction.

My opponent didn't play smash as religiously as I do, but his knowledge for fighting games carried over (He won the K.I. tournament that day, another reason why I feel he used Lucario).

Also thanks ^.^
Yeah, the lucario matchup is pretty even and basically comes down to who has a stronger neutral game, since both characters can combo each other insanely. Also, it is a lot easier to give people character advice as opposed to fundamental advice, and you have strong fundamentals, so i'll gladly point out DK specific tips on future vids u post. :) Theres a lot of small things dk can do in this game that werent really possible in other games. Im not always the best at executing it, but i have a lot of DK knowledge since hes been my main in pm for a long time.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
That's actually what I've been looking for! I'm still fairly new to P:M DK and I would like character advice, not critique on my videos. Things like "@ 50% it's easier to land UTilt's over UAir" etc. Since I don't have as much free time as I did during my melee days I can't always check videos for ideas to incorperate.

I'm still fairly new to P:M scene and the things I've been finding out are working fairly well, but it is still different from Melee DK. With the current success I've been getting so far with my playstyles I think it would give other ideas to incorperate into their game if they are interested. He's alot better I'll give it that much.

I'll be sure to post as many DK matches as I can in teh future, but as of now it seems friendlies are the only thing I can get.

Top Bottom