• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Baldr Combo?

Baldrdash

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been found by anyone or if it's as confirmed as I think it is, but I was messing around with marth in training mode and practicing my L-canceling and I found that the soft hit of nair into d tilt will not knock down a fox up to over 200% and it can lead into a grab. I haven't tested it out of falco or any other character and I'm sure it's not very useful in actual matches, but It's very interesting and when I tested it out with a friend he couldn't jump out of it.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
AFAIK, dtilt grab is more based off of DI than anything else. Dtilt isn't an actual approach or combo starter, but it does help a lot to lead into these.

Baldrdash

Smash Rookie
the point of this tech is that at the soft hit of nair locks them into this combo that leads into a grab. the d tilt acts affects them differently after the first hit of nair. dunno why.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll take your word on it there. I think that it's a relatively interesting idea overall, but jumping as Marth in neutral is generally risky, and intentionally trying to land the first hit of nair, which isn't that big or strong anyhow, seems really difficult. It then becomes even more difficult when you take into account how amazing Foxes DD game is.

Baldrdash

Smash Rookie
That's why I said it's not viable in tourney for most players, but it's good knowledge to get out there. You never know who might figure something out with it.

UtopiaX

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure you can use short hop fair and get out a soft hit nair out. So you could do something like run up jump back fair and judging by where they are can second fair, waveland into stuff, double jump, Ff and jab, f tilt, f smash (risky), or of course go for a soft hit nair I guess. Not sure how well it would actually work and is probably cc able which isn't good since lots of spacies charge into marth in the air and just cc to punish.

Hunybear

Smash Ace
the point of this tech is that at the soft hit of nair locks them into this combo that leads into a grab. the d tilt acts affects them differently after the first hit of nair. dunno why.
The D-tilt doesn't act differently from the first hit of nair. you can SDI out of the first hit so in reality it doesn't lock them down. You can CC and DI the D-tilt away to dash away from grab. Not trying to shoot you down, but these "sequences" arn't what a new aspiring Marth should be looking for in his play. Keep up the good work tho.

Baldrdash

Smash Rookie
The D-tilt doesn't act differently from the first hit of nair. you can SDI out of the first hit so in reality it doesn't lock them down. You can CC and DI the D-tilt away to dash away from grab. Not trying to shoot you down, but these "sequences" arn't what a new aspiring Marth should be looking for in his play. Keep up the good work tho.
Thanks for the knowledge =)

Top Bottom