• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dragoon is unfair.

testcat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Testcat
Am i the only one who gets his classic mode experience ruined by the dragoon? For example, i'm playing one of the last matches of 9.0, then I need to play a team battle. Then, my teammate immediately dies (Which is also very unbalanced since it seems like the opponents team is a level 9 while my teammate is probably level 1) so while i'm fighting one opponent, I lose a stock, while the other opponent is gathering the dragoon parts. Then, I kill the first opponent and then the 2nd enemy gets the dragoon. Either I run for my life, roll or jump, he always gets me. Is anyone else experiencing stuff like this?

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Dragoon is a frustrating item.

I have no clue what the mechanics are for dropping it... but my working theory is that computers don't drop it unless they are launched and there is a 1/84 chance of it happening then... while I drop it if an opposing character breaths in my general direction.

Is this wrong?

Sometimes I dodge it well, other times the computer reads my dodge perfectly...

Is it possible to react to the shot or am I right in thinking I have to read my opponent's timing?

The pickup and drop me

T

Trick or Treat

I'm legitimately surprised people have this much trouble with the Dragoon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm legitimately surprised people have this much trouble with the Dragoon.
It makes or breaks a game. And since you have to pay gold to play the higher intensities in Classic Mode, if you get a game over too soon during an intensity 9.0 run, you've pretty much wasted 2200G, which can really add up if you keep getting multiple game overs before you even reach the final stage.

T

Trick or Treat

It makes or breaks a game. And since you have to pay gold to play the higher intensities in Classic Mode, if you get a game over too soon during an intensity 9.0 run, you've pretty much wasted 2200G, which can really add up if you keep getting multiple game overs before you even reach the final stage.
I understand that, but I have never found the Dragoon difficult to dodge. At all. Even against Level 9's.

Maybe it is because I regularly play items on high FFA matches, or maybe I just have good reflexes for it, but I rarely ever get hit by it. I didn't expect people to have this much trouble avoiding it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I understand that, but I have never found the Dragoon difficult to dodge. At all. Even against Level 9's.

Maybe it is because I regularly play items on high FFA matches, or maybe I just have good reflexes for it, but I rarely ever get hit by it. I didn't expect people to have this much trouble avoiding it.
You definitely need good reflexes to dodge the Dragoon, especially whenever a level 9 CPU uses it, and that's not an easy thing to do when you consider that the Dragoon user can strike without any warning.

It doesn't matter how heavy or how huge you are, nor does it even matter if you're metallic. If the Dragoon hits you, you're pretty much going to get KO'd if you're not in an enclosed area.

T

Trick or Treat

You definitely need good reflexes to dodge the Dragoon, especially whenever a level 9 CPU uses it, and that's not an easy thing to do when you consider that the Dragoon user can strike without any warning.

It doesn't matter how heavy or how huge you are, nor does it even matter if you're metallic. If the Dragoon hits you, you're pretty much going to get KO'd if you're not in an enclosed area.
Then I suppose I have insanely good reflexes, then. Because I generally find it easy to just roll out of the way. And I only play against Level 9's, yet I rarely get hit by it. I know it isn't extremely easy, just never thought it was crazy hard either.

I realize how dangerous it is if it does hot, though.

Zeepington

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeeper
Just a quick tip.
When they're about to aim you, the bot will ALWAYS start the dragoon as soon as they hit you. Roll at this moment.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Dragoon in Classic is personally worse on the 3DS.
Teams on that thing are absolutely brutal.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Airdodges have the most invincibility, but the most start-up if you're on the ground. IMO it's a lot easier to airdodge a Dragoon then it is to spotdodge (the best ground dodge by the way.)

Top Bottom