• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fight is On! A Pit CQC Discussion Thread

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Ok guys, before anyone says this I KNOW that Pit is better off camping with arrows. But let's face it. Not every MU and CP will be optimal for us to camp and we can't take stocks with just arrows. This thread is to discuss Pit's options when faced with situations where we are unable to camp. So please contribute useful information or gtfo.

Useful info. Get it memorized.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12270217&postcount=2

Zulo

Smash Ace
I guess I'll start with OoS options. Without waiting for shield drop lag, we have the following options: Shield grab, spotdodge, roll, jump (to aerial), jc usmash, and jc WoI. I think that's it. If you're going to roll, keep in mind that our broll is pretty awesome. But I don't think this is usually our best option. Personally, I like to use WoI OoS when they're by the ledge because it pushes them off. Usmash as we all know doesn't have the best range, but it's good for punishing some things like Lucario's dair. I'd think our best option in most situations would either be full hop dair, or sh bair/fair. If they shield nair eats away at it.

If we shield drop, I guess jab/dtilt/utilt etc. would also be good options. Also, does anyone know if we have any of these followups? We're not in the video. =/

fUddO

Smash Ace
Uptilt is super fast, even with the shield drop frames. I tend to use jab a lot as well, but I'm not sure if it's optimal.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
played a lot of matches at the tourney today. got some stuff for this

out of shield:

-sidestep>utilt or dtilt based on spacing works really well.
-believe it or not nair oos can be really awesome based on the situation, trust me on this because it comes out fast and lets you retreat or force them to DI which can set up a read.
-jab and grab. duh

other stuff:
-double jab cancel>double jab cancel>jab combo, grab, dtilt, AR. i love it
-single hit jab cancel>^^
-ftilt is great for punishing spot dodges and at the right percents sets up arrow gimps so nicely...
-sh dair>full hop retreating dair>fair ff. pretty good spacing combo
-RAR dair sets up for bair and if it sour spots that leads to crit bair

side note on dair:
guys, i've been finding out more and more just how good hitting with the outer portion of dair really is. the hitbox doesn't just send people up, it can send people straight to the side and is just really a good thing to do.

-usmash is a great chaser move, and i definately found 2sjcus to be useful today-i don't care what anyone says. AR is a great move to just throw out at people when they are near the ledge and just holding it there led me to sooooo much free damage on people it was crazy.
-AR in general as long as you get them with the majority of lunge is alright, but i found that if people use their shield and you are out of grab range, just AR them. everyone lets it just eat their shield until they are combo bait.

ill post more after some other people post more.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Women arent allowed to make threads Tara get that mess outta here. Lol but I swear every pit main here is about to have their own thread. Serious reply later, having mothers day dinner with the fam.

:phone:

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Women arent allowed to make threads Tara get that mess outta here. Lol but I swear every pit main here is about to have their own thread. Serious reply later, having mothers day dinner with the fam.

:phone:
not too far off from the truth xD

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Jabbity jab jab jab. Jab is one of the best things to do in CQC because it's fast, we can cancel it into other follow ups, punishes spot dodges, jab infinite grinds shields, virtually no cooldown if we cancel the first hit, is the best way to see how someone will react to it, and it makes a cool sound! Jab to forward roll and repeat will get inside opponent's heads so well. Rolling around people is good in cqc in general as well. Not defensive rolling, but offensive. Just don't do it too much or it gets predictable.

Also SH fair, but use fair after the peak of the jump so the hitbox stays until you hit the ground and is way less punishable. It's almost completely safe on shield and it punishes spot dodges.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
god i wish pit's ftilt was just like 5-7 frames faster. it would be sooo much more **** than it is. requires so much precision since it's slow but at least it does still ****

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
okay. if that's all you know man let me enlighten you on ALL the true combos i can think of before i got to bed here real quick.

note that against g&w marth, mario, and mk they can up b out of some of these. other combos are character weight class specific. but for the most part, these are general true combos

out of fast falled sour spot bair:
fsmash
usmash
utilt
dash attack
dsmash
AR

out of sourspot bair in the air:
crit bair
mayb more if you hit with that weird frontal hitbox

out of dthrow on certain characters/percents:
utilt
rising nair

out of arrow at specific distances:
dash attack
utilt (here is how this one works. on certain characters you can stand/fall to where you are "inside" them. when that close you can hit them while they are standing with an upward aimed arrow. from here you buffer utilt)

utilt can true combo into itself against certain fast fallers like the spacies and link at low percents based on DI, placement, and percent i think, not 100% sure

out of looped arrow:
any attack besides ftilt (for the most part)
AR
footstool
wingstool>crit bair (this is true. but also near ****ing impossible. never pulled off in tourney)

out of back throw:
buffered dash attack. low percents only

if i have stated any falsehoods here someone please let me know but to my knowledge these are all true combos on at least some characters
just wanna point out there may be a couple falsehoods in here due to DI and im 100% sure about dthrow> utilt, nair.

but for the most part these are true if im not mistaken

PTZR YOU SHOULD FRAME DATA THESE TO MAKE SURE IM NOT MISTAKEN ON THE QUESTIONABLE STUFF

Top Bottom