• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE KIRBY DANCE! and Tilt Strategies

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
Ok first, THE KIRBY DANCE! Simply toggle the control stick back an forth (not dash) and viola, set back, and watch kirby shake his cans:lick:

Second, tilt strategies, I recently developed a tilt strategy where nothing besides tilts and a few fancy grabs make a perfect annoying kirby. The d-tilts counter most (oncoming) attacks, and f-tilts are always annoying. But the key point is to keep your accuracy at a maximum, and movement at minimum, when doing purely tilts, its fun to annoy your opponent with THE KIRBY DANCE:laugh:, But Mind games, and all that good funk are the most important to this strategy. I'm being somewhat vage, but this is the best i know to describe it. I was also wondering if anyone has used anything like this?

<(0.0<)
<(0.0)>
(>0.0)>

KIRBY DANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ye25

Smash Journeyman
ahahahha, the music and the lyrics go together way too much. Do you think Snoop Dog played Smash!?!?

ye25

Smash Journeyman
At least we got off that ridiculous liven up thread that never got its sticky.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
lol, alot of reasonably good kirby players stick to good ol' d/f tilts, they are just so fun ;3

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Dude, the "only tilt attack" strategy has been done before. My friend calls it "Ninja Kirby".

Of course, his strategy fails...but then again, he is really bad. Like, he doesn't believe in L-cancelling. Yet somehow, he still manages to beat some of my (decent) friends with his mewtwo...

Dont ask.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Uptilts?

How bout u.tilt -> grab on normal/heavy weighted characters.

You wanna talk about something that'll piss a ganon player off? U.tilt -> grab -> tech chasing. Because Tech chasing kirby is raw.

I use d.throw to setup tech chasing, because i believe you dont have enough time to cover all the options if you u.throw.

Guru+Guru

Smash Rookie
Well, if you do the Kirby dance to annoy your opponent to the edge then sweet, but i find spamming taunt to be more effective in the Annoying depo.

Geal

Smash Rookie
I'm not much on just tilt spamming, but i do love dthrow into utilt juggle. Then usually into bair or something.

As for annoyance and mindgames, gotta love taunt spamming then wavedancing. fun fun fun.

Top Bottom