• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Offical Link Match-Up Guide

Link_Player123

Smash Rookie
1; Bad recovery.
2; He's heavy, slow, and a lot of his moves lag.
3; Hardly any representation.

Which brings me to this. MU threads (this thread) isn't a 100% accurate way to determine how all players will play. I'm assuming you don't go to tournaments, (if you do, they aren't very good in the competitive sense) and if you go to a real tournament, with players that will know how to **** you, you will be *****. Seems obvious, but it's different then playing with friends or your 6 year old cousin.

1st step of being a Link main; realize how much he sucks.

tl;dr: your personal experiences against said characters =/= to the communities experience against Link
It is true I have never been to any tournaments, but I brawl with my friends (who go to tournaments). Also one of my friends that goes to tournaments, mains in Link, so although I'm not sure how good people are against link I still think he is a pretty good charecter.

P.S if link is as bad as everyone says he is then I might start training in another charecter. Does anyone know a good charecter that plays like link and is pretty good in terms of tournaments?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The highest tier that IMO plays a bit like Link is Snake. They aren't the same (there's a reason one is on top and the other is on the bottom) but they have a few things alike. But really, when it comes down to it, your main and the characters you play should be ones you enjoy. :)

Link_Player123

Smash Rookie
The highest tier that IMO plays a bit like Link is Snake. They aren't the same (there's a reason one is on top and the other is on the bottom) but they have a few things alike. But really, when it comes down to it, your main and the characters you play should be ones you enjoy. :)
k, I'll take your advice and stick with Link, although I am going to practice with snake a bit more (because he is probably one of my least played charecters).

Thanks for your advice! :)

B.Link

Smash Cadet
I actually think of Link as being more in the mid tiers i say this because i've seen people main him and come up with crazy combos but thats just me talking

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Link isnt that good aganst alot of charcters oh well im still good with him though

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Link in Brawl is bad.

Combos mean nothing because there are no combos in Brawl.

/short obvious statement

pulse131

Smash Ace
cmon m4ge. just because melee was infinitely faster/better dosnt mean there arent any true combos.
o and link is low cuz his crappy recovery. o and hes phat so easily combo ed. very very basic.

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah. If you guys didn't already know, Kirin ragequit forums and this guide, so it's not gonna be updated anymore. The new guide is at AiB. Inb4advertising.

ndayday

BRoomer
He told us.

And that's not advertising. At least, I don't consider it to be.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Marth vs Link 70/30 Marth IMO, marth carries him off so easy its unbelievable.

Why does DK have such a big advantage, Link can spam the crap out of him on FD and most neutrals.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless

Why does DK have such a big advantage, Link can spam the crap out of him on FD and most neutrals.
You have a terrible view of how these match ups are. DK has power, range, ability to gimp Link easily, and has SA on his upb to get through projectiles.

I won't even bother on your Marth ratio because it's so distorted and you gave no reason whatsoever except that it's your opinion.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze

I lol'd.

Link/DK is bad. I play this Match-Up EVERYDAY and know the ins and outs of it but it's still ****ing terrible. You wanna know why? If you're any where over 80% and DK grabs you, cargo hold, runs of the stage and cargo Dthrows you, you're dead. Most of the time Link does not come back from this because DK can stay out there with you, tap you with the weak hits of his UpB and gimp you then still recover. Link can win on stages like FD and YI, but that's about it in this MU.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
There is a line from the D3 analysis out of place under the Wario section.

Also, what is "DAC into Bomb"?
I think it's another way of throwing a bomb. take out a bomb and perform a DAC. Link will throw the bomb in a different way.

ndayday

BRoomer
You quoted something from half a year ago there, bud.
Confused me.

:L

Top Bottom