• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The overabundance of projectile spamming characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
What were they thinking with the roster?

"Let's make every other character the type where you just have to run away and spam projectiles!"

It's out of control. Every other game I have to deal with a link, dh, samus, megaman, etc. It's ****ing driving me insane. How this fun to play online? I get that zoning is always going to be an aspect of fighting games but this is like making half the roster Deathstroke/Deadshot from injustice. A character that does all the work for you and requires next to no skill. You have to be so much better than your opponent to even stand a chance assuming you are not also playing a projectile spamming character.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'd put a picture of a saltshaker here, but I don't give enough of a crap. Git gud.

Last edited:

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure complaining will help you a lot. Practicing and learning is so overrated.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
PEBCAC

I think you can take the hint, if not, google it.

I don't understand how people can have fun timing people out and constantly running either, but you have two choices, either use their game against them and force them to approach you, or get around their projectiles.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
As a Megaman main it is actually the opposite for me.
Swordies left and right spamming super safe shorthop aerials because that's the only thing they need to do to win.

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
As a Megaman main it is actually the opposite for me.
Swordies left and right spamming super safe shorthop aerials because that's the only thing they need to do to win.
Agree, I have a much harder time against sword than projectile based character. Mostly the fastest one, pretty hard to punish online imo.

For projectile spammer, all you need to do really is take your time and reduce the gap until you are at a distance where you can punish them. It's annoying for sure, but not so hard to overcome.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What were they thinking with the roster?

"Let's make every other character the type where you just have to run away and spam projectiles!"

It's out of control. Every other game I have to deal with a link, dh, samus, megaman, etc. It's ****ing driving me insane. How this fun to play online? I get that zoning is always going to be an aspect of fighting games but this is like making half the roster Deathstroke/Deadshot from injustice. A character that does all the work for you and requires next to no skill. You have to be so much better than your opponent to even stand a chance assuming you are not also playing a projectile spamming character.
This comes off as a rant thread. If I were you, I'd drop by the DDD subforum to ask for advice on matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom