• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the psi magnet

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Not really... Lucas' also heals 50% more, comes out quicker, and if he gets hit from behind by an absorbable attack, he just turns around and absorbs it anyway. So, I'm not sure what the balance is supposed to be exactly.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Not really... Lucas' also heals 50% more, comes out quicker, and if he gets hit from behind by an absorbable attack, he just turns around and absorbs it anyway. So, I'm not sure what the balance is supposed to be exactly.
the balance is that Ness is a beast and Lucas is a turtle. Lucas is meant to survive, while Ness is made to damage and destroy. Once people realize this, start to see how much stronger Ness is physically, and how much harder it is to kill Lucas, then maybe these two will stop being compared on every move they have. They meant to be played entirely differently.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
So Ness' A moves are faster and generally stronger and thats how it balances out with Lucas' PSI magnet which heals 50% more and hurts people?

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
Ness's PSI Magnet has a slight push-back effect on anyone who is touching it. It's very minor but might be enough to stop someone from grabbing you if you end the magnet just before they grab. It does not cause damage.

Levitas

the moon
No, the balance has nothing to do with individual moves. Lucas plays a more disjointed game overall. He has different approach angles. He's got psi more suitable for interruption, whereas Ness plays a heavier game with earlier KOs.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'd Say Lucas is more powerful in terms of KO ability, but Ness is safer and more well-rounded. Lucas is more suited to a ranged game with high-risk high-reward early KO moves, while Ness has more combo and damage-racking potential.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
If Ness is safer to use, does his PK Thunder recovery move is actually much harder to use than Lucas' is?

I am a newb at this type of game. Would you suggest I use Ness or Lucas?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Ness's PSI Magnet DOES do knockback when it ends...but...it like pushes them....lemme get a diagram.

Nb a
-----------------------------------------
|
|
FD

N = Ness
b = Enemy before
a = Enemy after

Completely useless as it only happens to enemies who are within the absorption range and only after the absorption part of PSI Magnet ends

Top Bottom