• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Situation Game

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
ITT: We post situations that are gay/you don't know how to get around and other people analyze and find solutions for said situations.

stolen from the peach boards

from raz

from praxis

I'm a shameless thief but I like to give credit when credit is due

To start.

We're on the ledge VS snake and he's being gay and just waiting for us, assume that he will not go off the stage to attack us if we hold onto the ledge and we run out of invuln.

MK is spaced just in the range where stutterstep fsmash is not viable because metaknight is close enough that he can just tilt the start-up on reaction, assume that he's out of standing grab range and jab is not an option [the spacing makes it look like it won't hit, if you think he's gonna walk towards you and not shield for whatever reason though do jab though].

We're spaced RIGHT where we can roll behind snake and grab/jab/w.e assume they expect to you roll. what do you do?

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
How about when falco forces the approach with campy lazers and ***** you with jab jab dgrab SHDair fsmash? (It happens to me everytime I play FGCU Viper) Thats like 60 damage right there. Should I just SDI into the ground so I can't get tech chased with any more moves?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Plank the edge with fair and aura spheres or go to the other side.

D Who, approach by walking towards the Falco, you're gonna eat some lasers, but put that shield up. When you think he's going to phantasm, ftilt time.

MK, we could just approach, pivot jab or ftilts, or dtilt to bait them to come after us and jump out of the way immediately.

Just don't do what they'll expect from us, which is roll or fsmash.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Falco's Jab1 is not safe (his Jab 2 is though, but if you can SDI both up you could probably pull off a NAir/DAir).

Dark Disciple tested Falco's Jab1 and you can DI away. I haven't fought any good Falcos in tournament though, so I cannot vouch for this 100%. Edit: Oh hai DDisciple.

Flamey's situation 1:
Depending on the stage we could Wall Jump if he's not expecting it. Sometimes regrabbing the ledge is a fun mindgame because you get to test how patient your opponent is.

Flamey's situation 2:
We could simply try to walk away. If he gets too close pivot grab, UTilt, or shield attacks.

Flamey's situation 3:
~_~ Mix it up so they wont predict it. Stutterstep FSmash, walking away, Aura Sphere, etc.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Oh yeah I forgot to input on jabs. Yeah just SDI either up or away and do the Trela response and force palm that *****. It's Lucario's way of slapping them and saying, "Stop that."

culexus・wau

How about when falco forces the approach with campy lazers and ***** you with jab jab dgrab SHDair fsmash? (It happens to me everytime I play FGCU Viper) Thats like 60 damage right there. Should I just SDI into the ground so I can't get tech chased with any more moves?
You really have no option but approach/baiting if you have the lead.

Your approaches are.

walk
-shield
-- Roll
-- Sidestep
-- SH Airdodge OOS
-- just jump OOS after the laser hits your shield if you don't think you'll get hit by the top laser of SHDL
Dash
-get hit by laser [bad]
- sidestep
- dair [covers/baits the sideB and puts you under SHDL

uhhhhh I can't finish this post now but I'll list all the options later , just think about all your options.

if you have a large lead, like, avoid lasers and try to play like you're timing him out.

wanna know why?

because if they had the lead they would do it to you too and you have a harder time catching him then he does you.

so take your blessings when given them

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
iirc you still have a buffered roll after dair if they try to fsmash you, at least that's how I usually get out of it.

That and what everyone else said, Lucario's got answers for most jab mixups.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
A situation that comes up more often than not.

Against MK. You(Lucario) is stuck on the ledge at the percent where MK's dsmash will kill you and is perfectly spaced so if you jump, normal get up or roll you're hit. How do you get back on stage without dying?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah it's been proven that you can get seamless invincibility between the ledge invincibility from the jump and air dodge if buffered.

You could also try ledgehop DT... loooooooooooooool

culexus・wau

We're landing Vs snake

B reverse charges

airdodging

dairs falling or stalling

the snake doesn't give a ****

he's uairing us out of it all

what do?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What about moving away with FF BAir or NAir? (Double Team lol)

I am more afraid of Snake's BAir than his UAir tbh.

culexus・wau

UAIR BEATS EVERYTHING OMG

sooo gaaaaay

I tried nair, uair beats that too.

not bair tho

doubt I'd play a snake that would uair me as much as mojoe in the near future though

Aegis Effect

Smash Rookie
The correct choice is the hidden fourth option; why bother 'landing' when your opponent has priority over you? Save that second jump and head for the edge in front of Snake. Fast-fall it, Extreme Speed it after clever use of a D-Air stall, just don't land on the ground where an U-Tilt will end everything. I'm assuming of course that your percentile is high, otherwise you have more things to worry about than U-Air.

culexus・wau

my method ussually gets you a grab

if you know they're not gonna go into ftilt 3 you can viably drop shield and dash grab if you shield the 1st 2 hits

its all about predicting what the MK is gonna do and reacting accordingly really

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Depends with ftilt.

You want one of two zones in MK's ftilt, either near enough where you can actually reach him without whiffing, or when he whiffs. You can punish a MK using ftilt1 as a poke with strutterstepped fsmash if you catch his whiff. If not, you got stuff out of shield like aerials or jab, and the occasional roll in the mix (you will get punished hard for doing this though in excess lol, like getting killed with the stronger back end of dsmash).

Top Bottom