• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

samox

Smash Journeyman
Original Planned Date: August 31st.
Revised Date of Release: October 11th.
Difference In Days: 41
Difference as a percentage of projected production time (start date: November 1st, 2011): ~ 6%

@ Devil Ray: Let me be the first to apologize for inconveniencing you. I too once had to wait 6% longer for something once. It was awful. I think I almost started to realize I wasn't the center of the universe, but then thought better of it.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Original Planned Date: August 31st.
Revised Date of Release: October 11th.
Difference In Days: 41
Difference as a percentage of projected production time (start date: November 1st, 2011): ~ 6%

@ Devil Ray: Let me be the first to apologize for inconveniencing you. I too once had to wait 6% longer for something once. It was awful. I think I almost started to realize I wasn't the center of the universe, but then thought better of it.
Yeah, it isn't like you quit your job to work 14 hours a day to do post production.

Oh.

Wait.

You did.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Rofl, we've known that the premiere would be day before big house for a month now and I like it that way, unless I go and can't watch

MVP

Smash Ace
You can, since I haven't released it yet. 25 gets you the series, 50 gets you the extended dvd with extra goodies. :)
You can paypal it to thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com.

this is so awesome, really. I just ordered mine yesterday and i'm so hype to watch this project that's taken years to create. Props samox! :-) In correlation with the release date, when will the DVDs be shipped?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure they're showing it on a projector at the event.
Seriously? Actually an awesome idea. Pumped for next week now.

Awesome concept. I really hope this ends up going through. Really glad you posted the expenses in such heavy detail. Makes me really believe that this is going to work out.
Work out? You know the entire thing is released next week right? Lol

samox

Smash Journeyman
@ MVP - That's the million dollar question. I've literally spent all my time on just making sure I'm happy with the final product so to be perfectly frank, I haven't had a chance to even think about the DVD authoring. It's the very next thing I'm gonna do after the release, but to make sure those who shelled out 50.00 for the extra content get something in the mean time, I'm going to be posting some extra content to unlisted links, just for them.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Samox, I just sent an additional $5 today. That puts me at $25. Can't wait for the DVD!

Oh and trust me if I could afford it I'd definitely have sent more. Got a wife and two kids so $25 is a lotta money for me :) Even though it's not a lot I hope it helped.

samox

Smash Journeyman
Thanks mixa! You're gonna be one of the last across the plate. Donors are credited and I have to export the episodes now. So congrats!

And to Mr. Kishman - you should definitely find a buddy for this. And have a setup ready for friendlies. ;)

EDIT: Yes, that means at this point, NO MORE DVDS WILL BE ISSUED. I appreciate any consideration, but because I'm not intending to actually sell this bad boy, that's the end of it.

strawhats

Smash Master
speaking of DVD issuing, will you be asking for mailing addresses anytime soon? The mailing address I provided was a P.O. Box, but i'm not home right now( I go to college in CT) and would be more than willing to p.m. you my school's address. :)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Thanks mixa! You're gonna be one of the last across the plate. Donors are credited and I have to export the episodes now. So congrats!

And to Mr. Kishman - you should definitely find a buddy for this. And have a setup ready for friendlies. ;)

EDIT: Yes, that means at this point, NO MORE DVDS WILL BE ISSUED. I appreciate any consideration, but because I'm not intending to actually sell this bad boy, that's the end of it.

I might actually be on the way to Big House when it airs, but I'll probably be at home. I should probably get Trail, Iggy, and my brother over, at minimum,

samox

Smash Journeyman
@ strawhats - you can either email it to me at samoxjones at the gmails.com or just wait til I send out the email to donors asking for their newest addresses.

@ KishPrime - right after it airs on twitch, all the episodes go live on my youtube channel. :)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Stupid question, what time and site is it airing? Did I miss it?

Maybe it should go into the title/first post?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's airing Friday night at Big House 3. Vgbootcamp on twitch.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Hey Samox, the smash community can never thank you enough for the work you put in here. Too often I think that the fascinating stories of small communities like ours are lost to history (I hear the MK64 community is hiring). Can't wait for the DVD!

strawhats

Smash Master
@ strawhats - you can either email it to me at samoxjones at the gmails.com or just wait til I send out the email to donors asking for their newest addresses.

@ KishPrime - right after it airs on twitch, all the episodes go live on my youtube channel. :)
Thanks alot man! Really appreciate all the work you put into this.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Samox would you be able to provide a download link to download the videos after the release, id very much like to get them on my computer lol

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Super happy to see that 2 years later, this is finally finished! Can't wait to see it!

samox

Smash Journeyman
Twitch.tv/vgbootcamp Friday night 9pm Michigan time which is Central Time I think?

And yes, getting copies of the series electronically will be very very easy. :)

I'll explain tomorrow.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Samox.. . You the ****ing man. This I can't wait for. Should keep trying to travel and do what mlgbach did and make cool montages.... Later down the road after you take a break from being totally awesome

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Samox.. . You the ****ing man. This I can't wait for. Should keep trying to travel and do what mlgbach did and make cool montages.... Later down the road after you take a break from being totally awesome

those montages look fun as hell lol

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I checked the first page but can't find the information regarding where we need to give your our address for the DVDs. I know you're busy so I'm not expecting it right away or anything.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
im so hype for the spoiler tomorrow, i literally cant ****ing believe you got morgan freeman himself to do the ken narratorive part. It is mos def gonna **** and GGs smash community

samox

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha. I'm not sure where you get your info Rocketpowerchill, but Morgan Freeman bailed on us at the last minute. I know. Flaky *******.

The narrator for the project is Dr. 5ushi, a british singer/songwriter with a wonderful voice. You will like him.

Zivilyn Bane, I'm gonna email you to get your updated address once I'm close to mailing dvd's which, unfortunately, I am not. Feel free to email me your address now, but be prepared later to send it in again.

Samoxjones at the gmale.com

Thanks to all you smashers for your support! This thread has gone on for a long time.

I'm gonna start a new one. One dedicated to discussing the documentary episodes and issues arising from the series. I'll post it here once the episodes drop TONIGHT.

After that, we'll all say goodbye to this production thread.

Unless I have 1 last update in me...

Top Bottom