• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Toppest of Tiers: A Smash 4 Sheik Guide (WIP) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Dude, this is fantastic! Best collective resource for Sheik mains (and those just starting out with Sheik) that I've ever seen. What I'd really love is if someone were able to pick this up and narrate it for a video, kind of like what Beefy Smash Dudes does. That would be a real hit in the community. Keep it up, it's looking great!

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Dude, this is fantastic! Best collective resource for Sheik mains (and those just starting out with Sheik) that I've ever seen. What I'd really love is if someone were able to pick this up and narrate it for a video, kind of like what Beefy Smash Dudes does. That would be a real hit in the community. Keep it up, it's looking great!
Really? Thank you! The reason I haven't been adding to it lately is because my Wii U disk drive is busted and as a result have been playing PM for a week or two. When I get back to Smash 4 after it gets fixed, I'll get right back to work!

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
That makes sense, it looks better now as well. Thanks! I'm open to feedback of any sort at all times!
Yeah, I went completely off-topic there, but this guide is seriously great. It's long, but Sheik is an incredibly complex character, so you certainly did her justice.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Yeah, I went completely off-topic there, but this guide is seriously great. It's long, but Sheik is an incredibly complex character, so you certainly did her justice.
And I'm not even close to done, Micro situations will take ages, and I still have MUs and stages to do, not to mention fix the 4837463729392 spelling errors there are.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Can someone please help me figure out how to add more than three images?

R0XAS

Smash Rookie
WoW you're rly doing a very nice job on this one, wish i could give you more then 5 stars :D looking forward to the updated versions!

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Daymaster updated The Toppest of Tiers-A Smash 4 Sheik Guide (WIP) with a new update entry:

0.85: Micro situations complete, MUs expanded.

This time around I added a new section, expanded on old ones and made the whole thing easier to navigate. If you have ideas for more micro situations just ask!

Now, stages, combos and the Metaknight MU are all that stand in my way between me and 1.0!
(After 1.0, I'll keep expanding MUs and micro situations as well as fix the 9001 spelling errors)
Read the rest of this update entry...

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
That's something I'll add when I get to adding; most likely not in 1.0
As for a percent chart, I never said that and don't know what that would even look like.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Great guide, man. I've been interested into:4sheik:lately. I won't necessarily main her, but oh well... I have a question. For the less-dominant MU section, do you feel that:4mario:is one of these characters along with:4pikachu::rosalina::4zss::4metaknight::4fox:?

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Great guide, man. I've been interested into:4sheik:lately. I won't necessarily main her, but oh well... I have a question. For the less-dominant MU section, do you feel that:4mario:is one of these characters along with:4pikachu::rosalina::4zss::4metaknight::4fox:?
I will add all the MUs in the game after 1.0, but until then that's not likely, mainly because I do not have much experience in the MU. (seriously, Anther's has like infenitly less Marios than For Glory does.)

EDIT: Darn it, your profile pic is making me want to watch the first 14 episodes of SAO again.. And I just finished it...

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
I will add all the MUs in the game after 1.0, but until then that's not likely, mainly because I do not have much experience in the MU. (seriously, Anther's as like infenitly less Marios than For Glory does.)

EDIT: Darn it, your profile pic is making me want to watch the first 14 episodes of SAO again.. And I just finished it...
I love Sword Art Online so much. Great job for your guide, man. I used to dislike Sheik, but after a long time, I really find her interesting and she can be hype and fun to watch with all those combos and creativity. I picked Kazuto (or Kirito, because everyone call him like that, but I call him Kazuto since it's his real name) as my avatar, because he fits the anime-feel, video game character and a swordsman type for Marth. Also, you said that it can be difficult to play Sheik with another character, but can the Sheik-Mario duo duable to learn? You learn a character with a high-learning curve (:4sheik:) and the other is super-low learning curve, easy to pick up and play(:4mario:).

As for Mario, I heard that people say that Sheik-Mario MU is close to even in certain stages (Battlefield and Dream Land as an example), but slightly in Sheik's favor overall.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Also, you said that it can be difficult to play Sheik with another character, but can the Sheik-Mario duo duable to learn? You learn a character with a high-learning curve (:4sheik:) and the other is super-low learning curve, easy to pick up and play(:4mario:).

As for Mario, I heard that people say that Sheik-Mario MU is close to even in certain stages (Battlefield and Dream Land as an example), but slightly in Sheik's favor overall.
Anything is possible, and that does not seem too far-fetched. Playing a good Sheik takes a lot more time than playing a Mario at that same level (in terms of where their skill caps are). Sheik will demand more time than Mario if you want to be good with her, but again, anything is possible.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Anything is possible, and that does not seem too far-fetched. Playing a good Sheik takes a lot more time than playing a Mario at that same level (in terms of where their skill caps are). Sheik will demand more time than Mario if you want to be good with her, but again, anything is possible.
Thanks man. I don't want to hear people complaining that Sheik is OP and all that stuff, but she's not. I think like Melee Fox, she is a high-risk high-reward character that demands a ton of practice and dedication to the character. Plus, she can be hype and stylish even if she's the most common character in tournaments which can be obnoxious for some people. I think she might be easier than Melee Fox obviously, but she still needs a ton of practice in order to play her at a high skill level.

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
wow...I'm just here so I can learn as much as I can about the Sheik matchup as I can. Its great to have all of this info here! In your opinion how are the Roy and Cloud matchups?

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
wow...I'm just here so I can learn as much as I can about the Sheik matchup as I can. Its great to have all of this info here! In your opinion how are the Roy and Cloud matchups?
I think that Roy is VERY easy. His play style is as fiery as his attacks, so you will be doing exactly what you would normaly do against aggressive characters, which is covered in the Neutral section of the guide. He is as easy to edgeguard as Cloud.
Cloud is harder to deal with, but not by much. His camping and juggling is superb (the former is better than ours), which forces you to be aggressive so he can't abuse this on you. You just need to pressure him with relentless (but not mindless) shots at grabs and Fairs, since he has very few ways to get out of our combos. He is also heavy enough to be considered combo food for us.

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Anyone have ideas on what else to put in the D-tilt section? It hits below the ledge but that does not deserve it's own paragraph.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I hope you guys can forgive me for not working on this for an entire week. Sorry about that; now I'm back to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom