• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things to know about pit

Moli

Smash Cadet
So as a new pit player there are some questions that do rise everytime i play him.
1. Does he have any spikes
2a. What is a good approach to ranged characters
b. What is a good approach against melee characters
c. What is a good approach against sword characters
3. Is Pit's best tactic to get the opponent off the stage and edge guard?
4. Does pit have viable stage control and if so how?
5. When it does come to edge guarding what are some viable options that don't involve actually going over the edge?
6. His arrows, they are blue, look cool, his animation when in the air with them looks cool, what is their main benefit as they don't seem to do much damage.
7. What are some bread and butter combos for Pit, things to last resort if you just can't seem to get any other combo off?

Any answers will be lovely and if i have any more questions ill be sure to ask
I main lucario and marth and want to also have pit in my arsenal

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
1.- Yes, in his down air, back tip of it.
2.- Spaced F-Airs from a full hop!
3.- Space F-Airs, dash dance to out space. Both are good, and D-Tilt up close.
4.- None, just dash dance and wait to out space them and grab. Or run and crouch cancel d-tilt into grab.
5.- That or combo them heavily!
6.- He has a great dash dance, so just be agressive and dash dance to control the stage.
7.- Going over the edge as in staying in the ground? Forward Smash, Back Air and grabbing the ledge are all great options.
8.- To intercept recoveries and double jumps to effectively edgeguard opponents and to extend combos!
9.- Down air into Up airs/forward airs are always great options!

GL!

Moli

Smash Cadet
thanks they are all short and sweet answers that i was able to understand very well, the spike definitely will be useful to know as well as knowing that his dd is really good as well

Ethireal

Smash Rookie
Concerning the spike, I wouldn't really worry about it too much, its quite difficult to land and there's better options the vast majority of the time. It may be something to stress later down the road, but for a new Pit player, focus on combos and edgeguarding with arrows and fair.

Top Bottom