• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on getting thru full hop pill zoning/pill zoning in general.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Last night i was messing around in for glory and ended up fighting a dr mario with my meh captain falcon i might have been tired but i couldnt get in thru all the pills being thrown until i was in the upper 80% range needless to say i lost.Was a wee salty from a match agaisnt a annoying zss so i didnt think about asking about doc until this morning. Advice would be appriciated

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
Learn the angles that the pills bounce in. Since Captain Falcon is rather tall but fast, you'll need to jump over the pills since you can't just run through them. If the Doc player is jumping his pills, move underneath them since they'll most likely go over your head if you approach. You'll have to time your movement because Doc can retreat and cover his self with pills. I usually alternate between using the pills on the ground and in the air since unlike Mario's fireballs, pills gain new trajectories depending on how high Doc is.

You'll need to know how the pills' angles and how they bounce. Play as Pikachu or any character with a small hitbox and you'll find that it's easier to avoid Dr. Mario's pills. It's harder with Falcon since he's tall, but he's got good ground speed so you should be able to approach Doc as long as you know how your Doc opponent will throw pills.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Learn the angles that the pills bounce in. Since Captain Falcon is rather tall but fast, you'll need to jump over the pills since you can't just run through them. If the Doc player is jumping his pills, move underneath them since they'll most likely go over your head if you approach. You'll have to time your movement because Doc can retreat and cover his self with pills. I usually alternate between using the pills on the ground and in the air since unlike Mario's fireballs, pills gain new trajectories depending on how high Doc is.

You'll need to know how the pills' angles and how they bounce. Play as Pikachu or any character with a small hitbox and you'll find that it's easier to avoid Dr. Mario's pills. It's harder with Falcon since he's tall, but he's got good ground speed so you should be able to approach Doc as long as you know how your Doc opponent will throw pills.
thanks last night was rough haha zss d b spam and pills ill work on it my mains atm are shiek and zelda falcons just fun haha

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809

The pills being able to have different angles is one of the reasons I love them. God, the feeling of gimping people with pills is the best thing ever.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Simple. Just tell me what character you use and I will provide you a way to get through it
hopefully

Top Bottom