• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on how to beat Simon and richter?

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody please give me a strategy or tips on how to beat these 2? Whenever I face one I immediately give up since all they do is run and spam and when ever I get close I get f smashed and I’m in the verge of quitting the game thanks to them. What is the best way to beat them (I usually play Kirby, villager issabelle)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The characters you choose to play as puts you at a disadvantage to them. However while playing Isabelle or Villager Pocket is your true friend. You gotta play a waiting game with them. Don't be impatient. Pocket as many projectiles as you can and throw them back during an opening like right before an Axe or Holy Water toss or as the Cross is returning. Kirby is at a loss. There's no easy way to get in on the Belmonts. You're best bet is to stay just tight out of their range and dash dance so to force them fo advance. This can apply to all other characters as well.

If you really want to just beat them and you don't care who you use though, any of the reflecting characters are a nightmare to them. Especially Falco. Snake's grenades are also a good way to get in and rack up damage while remaining at a distance before you rack up a kill. Best of luck to you!

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I have very little trouble with the Belmont’s (don’t get me wrong I’ve been bodied by my share of good Belmont players). I play Ness and Lucina and while I have an easier time with Lucina I don’t consider it a problem matchup for Ness

The key is not getting phased by their wall of projectiles and slowly make moves to get closer and closer to them while avoiding the whip. Also do not let them get you off of the edge because their ledge trapping game is downright terrifying. Once you’re in range go aggressive and try to either combo them grab them. They don’t have a good disadvantage. Your ultimate goal is to get them off stage because they have suspect recovery that’s easily gimped.

Basically stay patient through neutral, seize any opening you see, and get them off stage as soon as possible. Once you get frustrated the match is over and they win. That’s how I play the matchup at least and I usually win (Idk if Villager has anything like Ness’s PK Thunder tail gimp but that move works wonders on the Belmont’s)

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
If you can pocket, pocket their projectiles like there's no tomorrow. If you play any of the other characters besides Villager and Isabelle:
- try to read the projectiles and don't get caught up in a trap of cross and axe
- a lot of Belmont players love side smash, so use the lag on that move to get them from above
- if you want to be that guy, cheese them offstage and then watch them flail- alternatively, cheese them offstage and then spike 'em down

Top Bottom