• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon link tech skill

Illest_toon

Smash Cadet
On Saturday i went to a tournement and got destoryed, because i didnt seem to be fast enough and all of mario's moves seem to out priorities Tink's.

So i can here today to ask about basic tech skill and advance
The things i know already are
-Wave dashing(turn around wave dash to some extent)
-Rar(Reverse Aerial Rush
-AGT

If there is any other moves i should know or OoS options that i should use more besides sheild grabbing please let me know.
I didn't have any footage of me at the tournment sorry ;(

i've played a few marios typically you want to bait fireball if he's full jumping fireball to approach upsmash oos usually does the trick... you want to stay in front and under him powershield projectiles n bait bad dairs

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
Shield Fireballs to bait an approach, then abuse Up B OoS. This will work guaranteed for at least most of one round.
After that, if he continues to fireball and is not fast enough to see through it, learn how to slowly walk toward him and place Tink's shield (not the R one, his ACTUAL shield) at the level of each fireball. This will block it automatically and he's now unsafe to approach you because you have your entire moveset available.

As far as tech you're unaware of, there isn't much tech to Toon Link. Learn Up B OoS, learn dropping bombs on the ground, Learn how to AGT 4 to 5 bombs in one airtime (style, not effective usually), remember to Air Dodge to tether for recovery often, and probably learn how to bomb jump consistently.

Top Bottom