• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Schedule

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Alright guys, we all dropped tons of grabs at Dallas. We're all better than that. It's been bugging me since Saturday. Let's never do that again. I've tried all sorts of scheduling to practice CGs, and I can almost never stick to them because I don't have the time, or they tend to leave out certain characters (like Random doesn't give you ZSS). I decided to write up a new schedule, of sorts. It's based on 5 days of practice per week, and is designed (at least in my head) to take less than 30 minutes, and at most 45. It also includes a nice variety of weights in each day. If you try it, let me know how it works out for you.

I selected the dailies because they're the ones I have trouble with lately, or are most important. I suggest always doing MK and Snake, and swapping out the others with those of similar weights that you have more trouble with. I suggest doing Pokemon Trainer every day because it's the fastest way I can think of to transition between weights to improve your adjustment speed.

In a perfect world, I'll be doing each of these 3 times in a row, or 5 times successfully, whichever takes longer.

Every Day
MK
Snake
Falco
GW
Pokemon Trainer

Day 1
Diddy
King Dedede
Pikachu
Samus
ZSS
Ness

Day 2
Olimar
Mario
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Pit
Ganon

Day 3
Marth
Wario
SoPo
Lucario
Yoshi
Wolf
Peach

Day 4
Sheik
Zelda
Fox
Luigi
Ike
Toon Link

Day 5
Lucas
Kirby
ROB
Bowser
Link
Sonic

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I agree with the pokemon trainer because of the switching weight classes.

I'll see how fast I can finish the other CG project, and I imagine combining these two ideas would create the ideal practice.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I use the bump.

This seems pretty nice. I gotta try to PT method as it makes perfect sense. Trying to 0 to death grab all the 3 pokemon in a row like every day would be really effective so you remember the timing for each weight class.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Future's practice is not practicing obv.

You kept dropping the Snake cg vs. MJG though. Still did really good in the matches though. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Futures naturally good at CGing lol. I did really good with CG's this tournament until winners finals :/ lol.

Another practice thing you can do: Every time you lose in tournament, practice the next week CGing the character you lost to. 99 stocks a day.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I switch the characters I lose to to the daily list. I've followed this for a few weeks, the increase in my consistency is amazing.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have played IC for a long time now as sort of a secondary, so far I have done really well. The thing that keeps me from maining them is the difficulty to keep Nana alive. But IC combined with MK would make any stage gay against me :)
And IC are also fun to play when you are alone.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Because you have to have patience more than you need anything else.

I mean A LOT of patience. Thats why some people quit playing them.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Patience is not the biggest problem, but watching Nana get ***** by a player who has like zero skill will make you quit.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
As I said, patience is the key. The matches will most likely have your opponent trying their best to be as homo as possible in order to either a) get you to switch off Icies or b) get you mad so that you make poorer decisions.

Also seconding icies is a bad idea when icies is going to be the one character that has no real counter pick stages, which is the primary focus of the secondary; and will take up most of your time in training .

B0NK

Smash Lord
also remember you do get some control over nana when separated, and the opponent usually still has to worry about you as they try to dispose of her. (Only exception i say is metaknight because he can chase her no matter were she is without worrying about getting gimped or hit in general >_>)

Top Bottom