• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tv tuners (PCMCIA)

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if you guys knew of any PCMCIA tv tuners that would be capable of allowing me to play lag free videogames on my laptop. PCI is out of the question cause it's a laptop and USB tuners lag so i think PCM is my last option. any other ideas or any cards you know of that would allow me to smash on my comp?

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
well i don't know if anyone cares but I ended up getting an AVerMedia AVerTV cardbus, it was 80 bucks and has incredilble music and visual quality for not only tv but videogames as well. it records of course and streams my SSBM flawlessly. so i can now play SSBM on my laptop and capture at the same time with no lag. it's great...

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
not gonna lie, they look the same to me, like i said, mine was only 80 bucks, but that wasn't from newegg and it was special ordered, the 69 buck one looks good to me

throwaway

Smash Rookie

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
the one w/o the power cable, mine has 'FM' where it would say 'Power', i'm not sure about the requirements for lag-free gaming, my laptop has a 128 radeon card, 1 GB ram and runs at 3.4Ghz w/ hyperthreading. So as a disclaimer, i'm not sure if it works as well with anything less. Hope it does though!

Top Bottom