• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-Air Edge guard

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I don't understand why some Samus players prefer up-air or up-b edge guards against space animals to up-tilt and forward-tilt. Really.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
..With utilt..ftilt..fsmash..dsmash..chargeshot..bombs..bair..you really shouldn't be using uair to edgeguard.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I use upair when fox tries to shine kill me. I am very low under the stage and he tried to come all the way down and shine me. I will just upair. Not even jump to do so. Then I will second jump. there are a number of options after that.

Litt

Samus
..With utilt..ftilt..fsmash..dsmash..chargeshot..bombs..bair..you really shouldn't be using uair to edgeguard.
Eh I disagree Hylian, and you were a number of years too soon to jump the gun here. Running off with a rising nair into a fallings up air covers all side b options and leaves a second jump to cover the final fox/falco fire with a retreating nair to stage

Litt

Samus
I'm confused: is this running sh nair from the stage?
ya its to cover the side b to the upper plats, like on yoshis or battle, then falling up air to cover side b on stage or to ledge with one more jump to cover fox fire option

Last edited:
Top Bottom