• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UAir L-cancel?

Blazen

Smash Rookie
I have been playing DK a lot since 3.0 came out, but I can't seem to L-Cancel his UAir.
Is there something different about it that would cause this or am I timing it wrong? (note, I have no problems L-Canceling any other attack)

Also for curiosity, this may be a scrub question but every single aerial in the game is L-cancelable right?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It auto cancels very quickly (frame 13 IIRC) so it's often not necessary to L-Cancel it. If you do a short hop fast fall U-Air as quickly as possible for example you do not need to L-Cancel it.

.fube

Smash Cadet
^What strong bad said^. Also, to answer your other question, every aerial is l-cancelable.

Blazen

Smash Rookie
I read the thread that explains auto-canceling and IASA since I posted this :p forgot to repost or delete this thread though, my mistake :p

to make up for a semi wasted thread I do have one more question: you say every aerial is L-cancelable so what exactly defines an aerial? for example, is bowser's down-b an aerial thus can be l-canceled? I assume only Fair, Dair etc only?

down-b would be a special I suppose? (Yes in fact I am a scrub :p)

.fube

Smash Cadet
Only aerial moves performed with the A button can be l-canceled. This includes every characters down air, forward air, neutral air, up air, and back air, and does not include any special/grapple moves performed while airborne.

Kagnerac

Smash Rookie
Only aerial moves performed with the A button can be l-canceled. This includes every characters down air, forward air, neutral air, up air, and back air, and does not include any special/grapple moves performed while airborne.
You can L-Cancel aerials inputted with the c-stick. Where did you get that idea from?

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i think he was just trying to differentiate standard aerial attacks as opposed to characters special attacks.

.fube

Smash Cadet
i think he was just trying to differentiate standard aerial attacks as opposed to characters special attacks.
Ya thats what I meant. He was asking if he could l-cancel his "down-b aerial" ao i wanted to make a distinction.

Top Bottom