• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking the characters 4 NetPlay

GriffinTremaine

Smash Rookie
Everyone tells me go to system, Gameshark codes. But whenever I turn on any codes the game gets all ****ed up when I play someone. Where's the thread that shows you how to do this properly? I never host games because I don't have item switch and the 4 characters.

GriffinTremaine

Smash Rookie
Which of these do I need to have a check mark by? I only want the characters and item switch.

Goddamnit why won't my images show up

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Download this, copypaste it in your PJ64k folder (replacing whatever is there already, make a backup if you're paranoid), then start the game, go into the Cheats menu and select the 'Have' tab for All Characters, Item Switch (comes with Mushroom Kingdom) and the menu to default to 5 stock, Stock Mode, no items.

The Star King

Smash Hero
and the menu to default to 5 stock, Stock Mode, no items.
Don't do this. Maybe this is standard in Australia but most people don't do this in Galaxy, and if you go into a game where the host isn't doing this right after you play someone who IS doing it, it causes desynch.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
that's why you reset the cheats every time you enter a game with someone new...

i have to do it since im the only one in aus who bothers

GriffinTremaine

Smash Rookie
Download this, copypaste it in your PJ64k folder (replacing whatever is there already, make a backup if you're paranoid), then start the game, go into the Cheats menu and select the 'Have' tab for All Characters, Item Switch (comes with Mushroom Kingdom) and the menu to default to 5 stock, Stock Mode, no items.
You mean like drop it in the config folder?

GriffinTremaine

Smash Rookie
Okay I put it in the folder with everything else like you said, but the cheats only work when I open rom, they don't work when I host a game.

I selected
-Have
-All characters
-Mushroom kingdom / item switch menu / sound test
-Vs Mode
-Team attack auto on

and nothing else.

They won't work on kaillera. But I can at least start a game without it freezing, so this is a step in the right direction. What do you need to do to make sure they work on kaillera?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
You have to open the Cheats menu *once the game has started*, deselect then reselect the cheats (so untick and retick the relevant boxes), and the game state should change to reflect that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Er, you shouldn't have to do that... But I guess if that's the only thing that'll work then go ahead. IDK.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't know whats wrong with your ****

You can try just getting the one in the index and it should already be setup

GriffinTremaine

Smash Rookie
Okie dokie.

I don't know what I did, but for some reason the cheats work now. All items/characters/stages and no freezing.

Top Bottom