• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up Air into Thunder: another kill option?

Shram

Smash Cadet
Excuse me if this has already been brought up, but so far I've yet to see a post about this type of combo. I think I've seen ESAM do it a few times too but I'm still not sure if it's a true combo (or the percents for any matter) or how good it actually is. I'm also wondering whether this could be done out of a down throw or up throw. Anybody got any information on this?

Nakat using this technique at Genesis 3
https://youtu.be/aCFgbaqpmXQ?t=11m52s
Looks like he fastfell after the uair to get the cloud spike hitbox, but I'm not sure whether it has to be at later percents.

Last edited:

Noro~

Smash Cadet
Afaik Upair to Thunder is true if the opponent DIs towards Pikachu. ESAM used it in one of his matches against ZeRo at SSC if I remember correctly. He hit the Upair through one of T&Cs platforms and killed Sheik off the top by following up with a non-spike Thunder.

Shram

Smash Cadet
Just checked it out, looks like something you'd have to just react to rather than plan out I guess?

I'll lab to see if any throws can link into it though.

Uncle Honey

Smash Apprentice
Yea, it works if they DI in, but you have to react to it. Not many of my opponents tend to DI uair in, so I haven't gotten it. I wonder if there's a way to condition them to.

Top Bottom