• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-Smash: My Center

Rexis

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Snake users.
I didn't see any thread actually talking about the new and improved Up-Smash, so I wanted to place one here.

In case for those who don't know yet, Snake can now move his Up-Smash left or right.

As you charge or simply use Up-Smash you can hold the control stick to either side and the little bomb that comes out of the "tube" (actually forgot the name of it), will go to said direction.

I've always been a Fan of Snake's Up-Smash, and I wanted to discuss it with you guys.

Any thoughts?

In my opinion, It gives the opportunity to mindgame your opponent into thinking you are exposing yourself, when in reality you are waiting for the bomb to come down and strike hard.

An example would be to half-charge the upsmash and aim it forward (half charge so the opponent may not see the bomb's direction) move forward and bait him, if he hits you, you have the small opportunity of letting the up-smash bomb hit him, and then you may punish. Or combo off of it. Whatever comes first. It kinda reminds of UMVC3's Doctor Doom hidden missile assist.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Dang didn't know that. Should set up some pretty badass edge guards for characters that have vertical recoveries like marth.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
I dont think i have ever seen anybody do this but i love shooting the "mortar" i think its called and then grabbing my opponent and throwing them right into it. Whether it be up or back, it can lead to a f-air or a d-air in most situations. Or you could just choke them until it falls on their dome.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Honestly as weird as it may be i rarely use snakes down smash. I use it everynow and then but not often

Fortress

Smash Master
It's a good way to force certain responses at the ledge. Place it far enough away from the ledge to limit the applications of the L-button ledge recovery, place it right on the ledge to force perfect sweetspotting or landing on the stage for recovery, and so on.

Top Bottom