• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usage of arrows?

ssj5goten

Smash Cadet
So i'm kind of new to the project m pit and I was wondering how pit his arrows are used in the match. I've seen people combo with them or start combo's with them but that is at rather high percentage. Are they used to force the opponent to approach? Stop momentum? Start combos? I can't quite figure out from videos how they are actually begin effective (thought they still seem to be) Can someone give me some tips about this?

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
So i'm kind of new to the project m pit and I was wondering how pit his arrows are used in the match. I've seen people combo with them or start combo's with them but that is at rather high percentage. Are they used to force the opponent to approach? Stop momentum? Start combos? I can't quite figure out from videos how they are actually begin effective (thought they still seem to be) Can someone give me some tips about this?
Arrows are effective in:

* High percents of damage to extend or create combos. You can arrow people at mid distance and proceed with an aerial or Smash!
* After connecting a Forward Air, connect an Arrow to link another F-Air!
* To cut your opponents movement in neutral stance to give you time to get in. Works at any percent!

Those are some general ideas. Mostly, arrows allow you to be creative! So don't be afraid to try new things :)

Last edited:

Liquid Brick

Smash Cadet
To add on to what Zero said, arrows are very effective at catching people's techrolls and stuff, as if you get them in hitstun after they tech/roll/faceplant, you can either force a tech-chase or just shoot another arrow. I really like to use arrows in this manner after getting them on a platform from a Uair and when they techroll to one of the platform's edges. Just pop them with an arrow and Uair them again.
The main thing to take into consideration is the fact that Pit cannot control the arrows trajectory as soon as he shoots the arrow. There's a little bit of time where the arrow travels straight no matter the directional input, so either wavedashing backwards (while facing forwards) or jumping can help you get arrows to go where you want them to.
If you really wanna go ham, just run up and pull a Dirty Harry in their face at point-blank :p

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
To add on to what Zero said, arrows are very effective at catching people's techrolls and stuff, as if you get them in hitstun after they tech/roll/faceplant, you can either force a tech-chase or just shoot another arrow. I really like to use arrows in this manner after getting them on a platform from a Uair and when they techroll to one of the platform's edges. Just pop them with an arrow and Uair them again.
The main thing to take into consideration is the fact that Pit cannot control the arrows trajectory as soon as he shoots the arrow. There's a little bit of time where the arrow travels straight no matter the directional input, so either wavedashing backwards (while facing forwards) or jumping can help you get arrows to go where you want them to.
If you really wanna go ham, just run up and pull a Dirty Harry in their face at point-blank :p
Oh yes brilliant :3, agree so much

CeLL

Smash Lord
Liquid Brick touched on it a little bit, but I like to use arrows to tech chase when I'm too far away. Charge and wait for the roll/get up.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Shooting an arrow up and then getting yo curve on, it's way good.

MarvelAKAJKA

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarvelAKAJKA
3DS FC
0173-1375-5685
im new to pit, i've seen vids of pit how he can curve his arrows. how can i do that?

Top Bottom