• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Up C?

Elili

Smash Rookie
Hey there Yoshi players, I was playing around with Yoshi today! I noticed instead of having to Shield Bumper (hold all the way down), jump with Y or X frame 5 then basically pressing it again right away to do the Parry Cancel, you can go Shield Bumper (hold), Up C on Frame 5 to jump then move thumb up to Y for second jump. I just noticed it made getting the Parry Cancel a bit easier? Sorry if someone has posted this before. ALSO, you can Parry UpSmash Cancel by flicking Up C and Up on the joystick at the same time?

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
Hmm, by parry cancel I think you mean DJL. As for full shielding, just trigger trick your controller. Anyways, to Parry djl I just roll my thump across Y then X, and I can do it very consistently using that method. I'll look into this though just to see what you're talking about.

birthgirth

Smash Rookie
I tried this C-stick method. I kept confusing myself with the inputs. I also find it much easier to just use the buttons.

Top Bottom