• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vers. 1.0.8 Changes

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Can anybody confirm if tornado glides higher? That's what I feel. Also fair might have less lag.

Spottel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spottel123
3DS FC
0989-2633-1325
I really dont think that the Tornado glides higher.That with the Fair would you do with a frame Data compared to the version 1.0.6

kacol321

Smash Rookie
NNID
OGzoidberg
Ok i was just in a match and i got knocked off the edge and then the person i was playing against jumped out to edge guard while i was tornado-ing. So then he was above me and as i started to tornado the first hit got him then i floated down a bit and came back up for the top of the third hit to hit him and it spiked him and i won the match. I just wanted to confirm with everyone that the top of the third hit does spike as well as the bottom of the first. Also i dont the the tornado glides better at all and you cant jump after a full hop fair still. And, if you want to check it out, zero made a video on the data dump of this patch and there were no changes to doc :/

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Well, that thread isn't complete. For example is doesn't include that Falco can upsmash with the strong hit from under a platform now, or that the hitbox on Doc's up-b hitbox was increased, which we know it was. Don't expect that thread to have EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Well, that thread isn't complete. For example is doesn't include that Falco can upsmash with the strong hit from under a platform now, or that the hitbox on Doc's up-b hitbox was increased, which we know it was. Don't expect that thread to have EVERYTHING.
Do we know Doc's upB hitbox was increased? I've seen a lot of people supposedly debunk it.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous now. I definitely played Doc before the patch and it was NOT that big.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous now. I definitely played Doc before the patch and it was NOT that big.
But is there proof? Most people initially thought it seemed bigger, but I thought research was done showing it was the same. I wasn't sure if we ever got a definitive answer on the matter or not.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Who gives a damn it's big AF and that's not even the point. The point was that there are other changes from patch 1.0.8 other than the ones listed on that changelist. And it IS a fact that Falco couldn't strong-hit upsmash from under the battlefield platforms before this patch.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
And this is exactly the reason Nintendo needs to get their act together and release patch notes. Would save us all a lot of headaches.

Top Bottom