• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viability of Perfect Pivot in Pikachu's game

Felth

Smash Apprentice
One of the most important applications of the Perfect Pivots (PP) are the combinations of this technique with attacks. Some attacks preserve the momentum of the PP but others not. Jab is the only attack of Pikachu that preserves this momentum. But two of the most important attack of Pikachu don't ( down tilt and up tilt).

My question is about the usefulness of PP on Pikachu's game, specially for this two moves. Do you think that PP helps to connect more up tilts than they would without PP?

Ir there are other important applications of this mechanic also comment on this post :4pikachu:

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
Utilt is one of Pika's most important punish tools. The ability to move forward any distance butt-first and get the initial hit on Pika's front sounds great on paper, inertia or no.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Agreed. additionally, being able to turn around while grounded is good in many situations. It functions like a backdash in some situations, turning you facing away running into you facing them with space created. It can also set up for a OOS bair, the highest damage OOs we have

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Perfpivving is really useful for Pikachu. I typically use it to position myself for a fair -> upsmash or something similar.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I like using PP with up tilt and down tilt.
For up tilt, specifically, there is a significant difference between hitting with the early part (behind him) and the late part (in front of him) of the move. When comboing, if you hit with the early part, there will be more time between that up tilt and the subsequent up tilt for the opponent to react out of or fall out. Thus, the late hit is better for comboing.
And as for down tilt, since it is already a great spacing tool, additional microspacing from PPs makes it even better.

Top Bottom