• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Option Selects

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I assume all of us have seen OneSmash's videos regarding Option Selects. If not, here's the first episode where they mention Option Selects (OS)

So I felt, due to Villager having low-landing lag aerials, as well as strong attacks, I feel he could use Option Selects really well, especially to help him get grabs (such as, running and tapping shield, making it so on perfect shield, you grab, and on whiff, you jab)

I figured I'd make a thread where us Villagers can get ahead of the curve, and figure out all the cool Option Selects Villager can do

Maybe we can make our grab good, since we'd only grab when it'd be guaranteed :3

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
I've been PShielding into OS Grab for the longest time now. It's actually legit.
Also, utilt off a pshield is really good.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Can smashes work like tilts as Option Selects?
Like, using smashes instead of tilts? ye! :3
Tho if your smash attacks are slow they wont have the option select "counter" effect XP since the opponent can react to it.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I have no idea how to go about performing an option select, much less coming up with my own. How exactly would you do that jab/grab OS for a perfect shield?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I have no idea how to go about performing an option select, much less coming up with my own. How exactly would you do that jab/grab OS for a perfect shield?
A simple one is this
Run
As you're running, tap shield, then as you do, buffer a jump and a
If you don't shield an attack, you'll jump and do a nair, as usual.
However, if you DO perfect shield, that will cancel the timing of the "jump" and it will skip straight to the "a" so you will essentially have 'pressed' shield-a which is a shieldgrab.

So on an opponent's whiff, it turns into a sh nair, on a perfect shield, it turns into a perfect shield grab.

Top Bottom