• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wat happened

Mario-brawler

Smash Rookie
To Mario's butt stomp.

How do they forget such a good move that could of been his down b move in brawl. They could of made his down b move his homming foot stomp like in galaxy but instead they but FLUDD. The butt stomp has been with Mario for ages and I have never seen Yoshi do it. (i think he did but i don't know) Can you tell me why Mario does not have his butt stomp.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
hmm intresting(and nice name by the way XD)well I think F.L.U.D.D. is prefered more than the butt stomp by some people,even tho it is a trade mark move of his and has been in many games*thinks for a few minuts*oh oh oh! hopefully in the next game his down throw'll be the butt stomp,you know sorta like how bowser body slams you except mario jumps over you and does the stomp

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Think it's actually called "Hip Drop"...

But yeah, I was kinda wondering about that too. I mean, both Bowser and Yoshi do a variation of it and I've never seen them use the hip drop move in any other game.

Well, in Yoshi's case... He does it in the mini-games for Mario Party and I think he uses it in Super Mario 64 DS. Though I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I've played it.

Course he had the move bach on 64's Smash, right? Memory sucks... :/

Who know's where Bowser got his "Bowser Bomb" from. :/

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman

But yeah, I was kinda wondering about that too. I mean, both Bowser and Yoshi do a variation of it and I've never seen them use the hip drop move in any other game.

Well, in Yoshi's case... He does it in the mini-games for Mario Party and I think he uses it in Super Mario 64 DS. Though I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I've played it.

yoshi did his ground stomp in yoshi's story for the N64 and other yoshi games,and bowser used his bowser bomb in certain scenes from super mario world(and possibly had it scince one of his "children"*koopa kids* used that move",im still hoping for my grab idea,that's be awsome:chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Wow...you aren't very educated in Nintendo games...

Yoshi's comes from the Yoshi franchise, as in Yoshi's island and Story

While Bowser's is from Super Mario Bros 3...

Just...wow

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Don't forget Wario was also using this move in his platform games. Shame it looks like so far he doesn't use it.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
That was originally luigi's move but they took it out of brawl because they said it was too childish and they want it to be a serious game for all.
A serious game? are you serious? Smash is all about fun! You can't call smash a serious game. it's competitive, but it's still fun. shut up.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
There's a bunch of potential characters that could have used Butt-Smash. Instead of tacking a move like that onto everyones Down-B, they used either variations of it (ie. Kirby's Down-B) or made an all-new move that was completely different from the usual down-B (ie. Mewtwo's disable or Mario's FLUDD.)
If every character had that move taped onto them, there would be little to no variation in moves.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
ACTUALLY It's called a Ground-Pound in some games. I think it's called a Ground-Pound in the Mario Party series? .. I don't know, but I know it's called that somewhere.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
I still wounder why FLUDD and from the first poster thanks.
no problem XD

ACTUALLY It's called a Ground-Pound in some games. I think it's called a Ground-Pound in the Mario Party series? .. I don't know, but I know it's called that somewhere.
yea it's the ground pound like in every game even galaxy...how could I forget that

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
there's always other people with slams, such as kirby, bowser, yoshi, wario perhaps?
and FLUDD's a new improvement, which i think is underated at this moment. And it's a more unique move, unlike another slam which other characters have. Also Wario might have a slam.. one more character with one.
MARIO FTW
WARIO FTW

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie
How could anyone think it's ok to say "wat". The OP is either super dumb, or a troll.

Anyway, I'd rather have Mario's classic ground pound attack than the useless FLUDD. A shame, but what can you do? I blame Miyamoto for making Mario Sunshine.

Svatos

Smash Cadet
Haha, to misspell "what" on purpose on the name of your thread is very unnecessary.
Plus I don't understand how the first ten people didn't know the name Ground Pound.

orintemple

Smash Lord
If Mario had ground pound we would have 3 characters with basically the same move. I agree he shouldn't have that but I still think FLUDD is stupid. I would rather he had something from Galaxy.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Butt stomp is classic :(

Sakurai knows what hes doing though I won't be disappointed when I play the game the day I get it.

-Onyx

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
hopefully in the next game his down throw'll be the butt stomp,you know sorta like how bowser body slams you except mario jumps over you and does the stomp
hey hey hey every one,F.L.U.D.D. looks like a very intresting move apparantly you guys cant see it's potential,and 2 people already have the ground pound move,still I hope my idea becomes a reality someday:)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I think the name varies from game to game, from butt stomp to hip ground to ground stomp.

As for Yoshi, he's been doing it since Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island people >_>

Top Bottom