• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need a Smashmate equivalent in Occident.

IKEI

Smash Rookie
It's one of the few things that separate us from Japan in terms of progression. Look at all the Japanese top players, they ALL use smashmate on a regular basis to grind, train and acquire extensive knowledge of the game. It's a site where you can create forums about anything, there are MU guides, you can leave comments on your games and VODs to analyze them, there's a lot of statistics and, the most important thing, a LADDER.

Some of you might say we already have Smashladder as a replacement for the Japanese site, but at this point it's just an abandoned ship, and even if it was still regularly updated, it lacks almost every quality of life features that Smashmate has.
Now that I think about it, Smashmate is kind of a perfect mix between Smashboards and Smashladder, the best of the two worlds combined in the perfect grinding machine.

It's no wonder why the hype there was around this site a year ago lasted for like 2 to 3 weeks, there's just not much to do. You could argue that the lack of "rewards" in some form might have stopped people from caring about this ladder, but I believe this is more a mentality issue than anything else, really.
I know it's easy for me to just complain about all of this and do nothing about it, but come on, it's something that would be extremely beneficial to ALL of us, no matter our level.

IKEI

Smash Rookie
Damn smashladder is DEAD I didn't realize it was that much desert I got a single BO5 in 3 hours

Top Bottom