• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WFT Bidou

⑨ball

Smash Ace

http://ssbwiki.e3.valueserver.jp/wiki/index.php/微動術

It's been a couple days now, and Tarou Tanaka's Bidou technique has spread like wildfire courtesy of MSC.
If you haven't heard somehow, Bidou is essentially a control scheme that takes advantage of the way special shortcuts work on the cstick and how command shortcuts work to create what is essentially a Frame 1 movement stick. Pretty much, it just makes a few movement techniques really really easy to do because we no longer have to return the control stick to neutral.

So what does this mean for WFT and is it worth it to switch? What do we gain and what do we lose? Obviously with only a couple days under my belt of exploration we can't say for sure yet, which is why I've opened this thread up so we can share our findings and such. All of these are with the assumption that you're using a tilt stick control scheme.

Gains [things made easier with bidou]
- perfect pivots
- instant trumps
- turnaround Oos
- extended foxtrots
- sliding spot dodges
- side special wavebounces
- instant rar bair
- instant run from crouch

Losses[things made harder with bidou]
- crouching utilts
-buffered sh aerials
-tilt stick aerials
-rtacc utilt bursts
-neutral special wavebounces
- autosync smash option selects

There's definitely more for each category but I listed the immediate ones I could think of just to get things started. So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I knew that eventually this thread would come. Thanks for making the information look neatly.

On topic: This is a difficult choice to make. Losing the ability to do C stick aerials, crouching uptilts and wavebounces really hurts my general gameplay, especially with the Header Feint angles that I use offstage.

On the other hand, I'm definitely a sucker for movement options since running and gunning is my favorite WFT style. Having superior ground/crouch movement could help in matchups versus characters that shut down other approach options like the Super Upsmash Brothers, Zair characters, etc. So it's worth learning.

TLDR: Bidou for WFT seems to be matchup/style dependent currently since either method guts essential options from her normal gameplay. I could definitely be wrong.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
TLDR: Bidou for WFT seems to be matchup/style dependent currently since either method guts essential options from her normal gameplay. I could definitely be wrong.
I was thinking the same thing actually. Played a few friendlies against Fox yesterday and can definitely vouch for being able to foxtrot into reverse crouch to hard punish dash grab reads. So it might end up being a thing where we switch out for a more CQC based scheme against rushdown types and stay with astick for other zoners, heavies, and hit and run types.

Out of everything, I'm REALLY liking jab3 perfect pivot setups being so much easier and retreating PP crouch. So good.

Top Bottom