• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are Fox's followups from fastfall Fair?

Xamad

You want the JoJ
NNID
Xamad51
I've been trying to land fastfall fairs, i.e. drag combos lately, but I'm not sure what I can follow it up with. Specifically I want to know this:
  • Can Fox jab reset with any of his moves? If so, what are they, and at what percent to they work?
  • What are other optimal followups?
I've tried jab resetting with down-angled ftilt before and it didn't seem to work, but I'm not sure if that was a percentage-based issue or not. Can anyone clarify?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I follow it up with down smash if they don't tech. I'm sure a better option exists but I don't know it.

Happyman20

Smash Rookie
According to nKa ProtoType and this is his video here, these are fox's moves that can initiate a jab lock which were tested with Jigglypuff and Bowser.

Ftilt (0% - 35%/49%)
Sour Nair (0% - 56%/79%)
Sweet Nair (0% - 25%/38%)
Sour Fsmash (0% - 9%/16%)

Some good follow-ups to a jab lock in my opinion is firefox which nearly guarantees 28% on the opponent. Another good follow-up at around 50% is up-air to up-air which does about 32%.

Last edited:

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
According to nKa ProtoType and this is his video here, these are fox's moves that can initiate a jab lock which were tested with Jigglypuff and Bowser.

Ftilt (0% - 35%/49%)
Sour Nair (0% - 56%/79%)
Sweet Nair (0% - 25%/38%)
Sour Fsmash (0% - 9%/16%)

Some good follow-ups to a jab lock in my opinion is firefox which nearly guarantees 28% on the opponent. Another good follow-up at around 50% is up-air to up-air which does about 32%.
Didn't Larry do that to Fatality at Genesis? Upair - Upair - Dair or something like that?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Didn't Larry do that to Fatality at Genesis? Upair - Upair - Dair or something like that?
yes exactly that, he did down throw to fair spike, jab reset with ftilt, and then did up air to up air to down air

https://youtu.be/XnJOhvbVgi8?t=92

Another option you can get is fair spike to ftilt, to a second ftilt, and then a fully charged dsmash.

ftilt does stop jab reseting/locking at a certain percent, I think its 47% but I'm not sure, its somewhere in the 30 or 40 %'s somewhere.
So after a fair spike, if they are really high percent you can get a dsmash or an fsmash, if they are above the percent that ftilt works but below the percent you can kill them with smash attacks, you can also try doing utilt into fair into utilt into fair loops
those look like this
https://youtu.be/9GtGWe57wy8?t=60

Xamad

You want the JoJ
NNID
Xamad51
Well, thanks so much for this info! I'll be sure to remember it the next time I try to drag combo. Hopefully I can react fast enough.

Mcxerocool

Smash Rookie
I'm not really fast enough for pivot utilt and always forget to ftilt so majority of the time I dtilt and get a combo started from there.
dtilt>dash attack> short hop dair is my goto combo and nets a quick ~30% if you start it at a mid-range percent like 30-70

potter5656

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to land fastfall fairs, i.e. drag combos lately, but I'm not sure what I can follow it up with. Specifically I want to know this:
  • Can Fox jab reset with any of his moves? If so, what are they, and at what percent to they work?
  • What are other optimal followups?
I've tried jab resetting with down-angled ftilt before and it didn't seem to work, but I'm not sure if that was a percentage-based issue or not. Can anyone clarify?
foward tilt locks at abelow 30% on average. at kill percent or against charecters with garbage recovery down smash works well. at mid percent I like to uptilt or turnaround uptilt. this leades to nair upair fair or back air

Foster J.

Smash Ace
In general, since it's a techable situation, people should also include tech chase into the list of follow ups :^)
Another situation where perfect pivot Utilts become useful

potter5656

Smash Cadet
In general, since it's a techable situation, people should also include tech chase into the list of follow ups :^)
Another situation where perfect pivot Utilts become useful
fox is very good at tech chasin near the ledge because near the edge foward smash covers roll towards ledge tech in place no tech and get up attack

Top Bottom