• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some follow ups or better throws against shiek?

Donnie_Cash

Smash Rookie
What I notice is that a lot of shieks will shield camp me when at higher percents. What is the best way to throw her is she does so? I noticed that dthrow , if they di away its like impossible to get them. uthrow is useless when high percents and fthrow and bthrow suck but i must admit i really haven't done it enough to say they do. What do you do in this situation?

Mcoree

Smash Rookie
When i grab i shiek, I pretty much always downthrow them. It usually leads to a jump-nair, a tilt, or an fsmash depending on DI. Dash attack works sometimes as well.

However, the thing is that the grab game is one of samus's biggest weaknesses, especially on floaty characters. If they DI out, odds are you cant even get a follow up at higher percentages. All in all though, you wont really get a big combo off a grab on any character except for like an upthrow on spacies to a tech read on a platform. Plup does this a lot. (See, First 2 stocks of Plup vs Leffen game 3 at EVO. Literally best case scenario for getting a grab as samus)

dietsnapple89

Smash Apprentice
if they DI away on the Dthrow, you can usually follow up with a dash attack or ftilt. If you are near the ledge and sheik is pressuring you and you get a grab, back throw her off stage and immediately take ledge to apply some pressure. I don't think Uthrow follows up into anything since sheik can jump out, but atleast it keeps her in the air above you so you can hit her with some aerials on her way down.

Top Bottom