• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your goals for the New Year with Peach, and in general?

Nicole

Smash Champion
I think the title says it well!

Anyways this might help us remember certain aspects of our game we want to focus on. Any IRL New Years resolution or plans would be fine too if that interests you...

:peach: For Peach, I want to
1) Learn certain matchups better so I don't lose them unless the other person is actually better than me.
2) Win a tournament (don't care how big it is as long as there's about 20ish people, some of which are at least as good as I am)
3) Learn to be patient at the right times (I don't want to camp but I want to take less unnecessary damage, particularly when I want to KO someone)

For myself, I want to start working out again, I have become really lazy.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lmao, love it Xyless

You ninja'ed me Nicole :/

1) Attend a tournament and get involved in the UK scene. I'm tired of playing Online and I only play a few decent people Offline. I want to increase that number of Offline people and show I'm not all talk!
2) Get better and continue to develop my Peach and try to help other people's Peach's
3) Find a way of getting 100% Stitchface/Item pulls
4) Be the best Peach :awesome:

Personal, try and exercise a bit more, I'm so lazy :p Doing well with work and stuff wouldn't go a miss either

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Peach Boards!

Smoom77

Smash Master
My goal is to place well in a mid-tier tournament!

-disappears into the shadows again-

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
1) Get better at certain matchups.
2) Learn to play more patiently.
3) Be satisfied with my Peach enough, that I can completely drop her for my favorite Nintendo character - Diddy Kong.

In general, ughhh go to college, drive, grow up basically.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
ROFL Xyless

What do I want to do with my Smash career in 2011...

• I want to attend a national! I don't know if I'm going to be able to make Pound, but I'm hoping at least Genesis 2. I think an important trait of a national player is travel.

• Win a tournament! Not some little random college tournament, but with legit people in attendance. I think I can pull it off, though I'm scared of people quitting before I do.

• Finally learn Peach's more important ATs! Mainly the uair string. I've been severely slacking due to school and life, but I think it's important to dedicate time to those.

As for my personal life:

• Keep bumping up my GPA. Did pretty well this past semester - I mean to keep going strong.

• Gain 25 more pounds by this time next year. Kinda optimistic, but if I focus and lift heavy enough I'll at least get pretty close. Also: finally cut that "perfect" six-pack.

• Talk to more guys.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I'm gonna finish my hitlist and **** these boards with my best secondaries whenever I meet you guys.

Hmm, and top 10 at a national.

edit: in general, my list is way too long. I honestly keep track of **** with a "Life List" ms word document that I always update and keep track of but I guess a few items would be...

- master/get over a fear of social media.
- make enough money to move out, even if i don't move out the money would still be nice.
- visit my family in toronto.
- keep in touch with people better. i've been pretty fail at that.
- focus on fitness a lot more. a lot of it has to do w/ my diabetes but a lot just has to do with vanity.
- be a better driver.
- becoming a good narrative writer and playwrite.

and like a thousand other things.

too much detail involved w/ my **** but yeah gotta keep it movin'.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Peach related?

1) beat someone not futile with peach.

2) hit someone with one of my million
Bobomb gimmicks in tournament

3) pull a bobomb after I take someones last stock or it goes to time.

Turnip farming~

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm trying to get deeper into the tourney scene and I'm getting way better at S/ A tier MUs.

My Peach and Donkey Kong are getting soooo good. I can't wait to strut my stuff.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hmmmmm.....

With Peach:
~ Learn the MK and Snake matchups. Snake is my worst out of everyone, and I need to be able to win this without having to resort to timing out (which still works, but it isn't very consistent). Also MK is pretty annoying, too
~ Go to a lot more tournaments and get top 5 every time (probably won't happen until my brother can drive me, which won't be until like 2012)
~ Get top 30 at Pound 5 (probably won't happen, but I'll be practicing)
~ Be consistent with timing out whenever I need to. My problem is getting too nervous during the last minute, which is how I lose some matches. I need to be able to camp/wait for a full 3-4 minutes without freaking out

As a person:
~ Get my grades up. I have all A's except for AP Bio and Chemistry, and I need to get those grades up
~ Lose weight. I'm getting pretty fat, so I need to start exercising
~ Be more social. I'm not very popular, and I wanna try to fix that

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
Seeing as I'm pretty new to Smashboards and the competitive scene of Smash in general, I'd like to

1. Learn the fundamentals of playing competitively (getting all these acronyms down, learning combos and such) with Peach so that when/if I go to any tourneys, big or small, pr even play locally with just a few people, I'd be able to at least place and give people a run for their money.
2. Learn not only the fundamentals but the advanced techniques (obvious is obvious)
3. Make a name for myself as a Peach player. Hopefully.

Personally, I don't have anything I'd like to work on atm.

Xyless

Smash Master
Seeing as I'm pretty new to Smashboards and the competitive scene of Smash in general, I'd like to

1. Learn the fundamentals of playing competitively (getting all these acronyms down, learning combos and such) with Peach so that when/if I go to any tourneys, big or small, pr even play locally with just a few people, I'd be able to at least place and give people a run for their money.
2. Learn not only the fundamentals but the advanced techniques (obvious is obvious)
3. Make a name for myself as a Peach player. Hopefully.

Personally, I don't have anything I'd like to work on atm.
Colorado, like Meno!

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Peachy
~Learn to mix up my recovery
~Don't play Peach on wifi
~Learn how to Kill

Myself:
~Be more active, lose a few pounds, and eat healthier
~Stop nibbling my nails
~wear contacts

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
My Peach Goals:
~Stop Dairing on the way down out of impulse
~Improve my Defensive Game
~Improve my reading game, especially against people who put up their shield alot.

That's about it really.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Peach:
- Be as good as I was back in 2009, a top Peach player once again.
- Be better than I was in 2009 nine once I take care of ^
- Unleash the full power of Peach and win a major tourny. No Character or player, no matter how gay they play are gonna make me think otherwise. I came to this game with a goal. And I am gonna achive it. All Peach too, no secondaries. Once I do that, I would not have much of a rason to play this game anymore.
- Stop playing aggressive for no reason at all. Cost me so many matches where I could place well all the time.

Life
- Hook up with a special girl so I won't have to be alone anymore.
- Draw alot more
- Carry out dental work so I can have a nice smile.
- Get my glasses done.
- Step up my guitar game and do some shows

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Mainly stop throwing bomb-ombs at close range hitting both myself and the opponent since I can literally count how many times I ever pulled one out and got the mind set used to "Oh I'm never gonna pull out a Bomb-omb so nothing to worry about...phst yeah right..."

(Outside goals.)
- Finally reach 1,000 hours of flying.
- Finish Game Design, Graphic Design at the Art Institute.
- Go overseas mainly Hong Kong, Japan, or Italy.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Let see....

Peach Goals:
Beat the ranked players here again and start winning ****
Keep confidence up and morale equally high (Very close to achieving this one)
Be as unpredictable as possible

Regular goals
Expand the amount of foods that I eat
Go to the Gym 5 days a week and consume protein like its candy
Get my GPA in the awesome ranking. (this is easy for me, but I just need to apply myself)
Lrn2openuptopeople

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
My major goal as a Brawler is to become more comfortable in the MUs I don't know.

I've realized that once I'm comfortable, people see how extrordinarily technical I am. This is a must since my play style is abusing hard techs to Wall and constantly outspace my opponent.

It's extremely effective..... when you know the MU.

I'm already confident in the Metaknight MU and my way of dealing with Falco is becoming better and better. It's all going up hill for me now.

See you all at WHOBO to whoever is going.

Top Bottom