• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What buttons do you use for edge eggs?

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
I push the cstick away, use the control stick to jump, push b to shoot the egg and move control stick to aim it... But i have trouble with doing an egg roll then plummeting to my death... should i do it a different way?

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
I just do away from edge on control stick, X, up, then B. Your way seems fine, you just have to remember to press B before you start moving the control stick to aim it.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
down on control stick, x, up-b. Least amount of buttons for the quickest eggs. I don't think down, up-b works if you rely on the up-b to make you jump again. I aught to try that.

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I see. I should start using down, because if I use it to the side, I'd go over the edge a little bit. If you just press down, and you get the timing right, you should stop at the edge.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
You shouldn't be afraid about falling fast by letting go of the edge by pressing down. You're supposed to do it fast enough so that you don't actually fall. Or, if you do fall, you do it intentionally to dodge an attack, then jump up and egg toss to regrab the edge. I can't think of a time when not fast falling would be more useful.

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
You shouldn't be afraid about falling fast by letting go of the edge by pressing down. You're supposed to do it fast enough so that you don't actually fall. Or, if you do fall, you do it intentionally to dodge an attack, then jump up and egg toss to regrab the edge. I can't think of a time when not fast falling would be more useful.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh. Dang I suck with yoshi.

park5150

Smash Ace
Dude, when I first started play with yoshi, I experimented many different ways to do the egg throw. I found that "down-y-up b" was the easiest for me. Then I worked on timing. To me though, it doesn't matter on the way you do it. I think that timing is far more important.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
I agree with park , because i do the same thing he does and its easier for me to understand...plus I mean its quite easy to do and the egg is simple to control, just make sure you are at the right frames and all that other good stuff

Top Bottom