• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What equipment pieces could help make Samus better?

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I'm not talking alt moves, I'm talking the stat changing armors you can equip on everybody. For example I have on Critical hitter badge, a landing impact badge, and one that balances out the negative stats each of those give me. Granted it ends up reducing shield recovery speed but I figure the other benefits outweigh that.

I figure there must be some better combo though. Go with higher attack and speed, let defense go a bit? What about bonus effects from the gear? I'm not too good at spotting frame difference so I don't know how much the landing impact ability helps or not.

Any ideas on what an optimal set up would be to make Samus better using equipment? Since I fear even if they do tweak Corrin/Bayonetta that other characters wouldn't get any changes, especially not significant ones like Samus would need. Equipment might be the only way to really get Samus to be better.

Last edited:

Mr. Sparkle035

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hellstorm32
I barely have time to practice in the base game having a job I work 50 hours a week at (plus being married and 5 kids), so I haven't gotten to experiment much in customizations. That being said, I believe speed would be the biggest stat I would stack on, due to her feeling (for lack of a better term) more laggy than other faster characters. Just MHO.

Edit: for autocorrect errors :/

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I barely have time to practice in the base game having a job I work 50 hours a week at (plus being married and 5 kids), so I haven't gotten to experiment much in customizations. That being said, I believe speed would be the biggest stat I would stack on, due to her feeling (for lack of a better term) more laggy than other faster characters. Just MHO.

Edit: for autocorrect errors :/
Hm, would the speed help with the lag you mention or just make movement faster to compensate?

Mr. Sparkle035

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hellstorm32
Well, I really have no idea how the custom equipment works. Maybe someone else has more experience than I do and can elaborate.

However, just thinking about the "feel" of Samus compared to other characters and her vulnerability during animations (particularly at the beginning and end of her roll dodges, firing missiles and CS) I believe the speed could help me the most.

Top Bottom