• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What fighter is comparable with Fox? (Skills transferable)

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
What fighter in the Smash roster could be compared to Fox, in the sense that the skill successfully attained from that fighter could be transferred over to Fox, so the results are the same? Basically make the other fighter a main for awhile that I don't have such a attachment to, and would be more open to watching better players using that character.

Fox in general, has a hard learning curve, and as I read, Pikachu does as well. Both Pikachu and Fox are speedy characters, so I am thinking if I took up Pikachu, became good with her (I call Pikachu a female because Pikachu has a female voice actor), I would then be able to transfer my performance with Pikachu to Fox.

Would Pikachu be a fair comp to Fox, or what?

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
If you want to get better with Fox, you play Fox. Learn fundamentals with him. Learn everything about him. While you're at it, learn everything that's in this game and get a in-depth understanding of all the characters. You don't play a different character to learn skills to transfer to Fox.

DKGrayson

Smash Cadet
NNID
tauelf
Good afternoon,

without sounding offensive, you did make a similar thread before; not the same exactly, however it was the same premise of skirting around shortcuts to getting good at playing Fox.

Smash in general is the same as anything else that you want to get good at.

You need to practice.

If you want to get good with Fox, then practice with Fox. Watch videos of people who play fox well.

Watch videos from https://www.youtube.com/user/mysmashcorner who will give great insight into the deep levels of skill and tactics involved.

Also watch more specific videos of your character, people like Larry Lurr have a lot of replays listed on YouTube, and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIxg5tQChTd_XiqYLzwZig (Tesla Skarfelt).

Some good advice that I read on these boards, was warm up your hands and practice combos by fighting level 3 CPUs.

You can also practice evasiveness by setting a level 5 CPU and try not to get hit for a whole 10 minutes.

Then, one of the biggest tips going, is to get registered on https://www.smashladder.com/ and play as many friendly/Ranked etc games as you can against a multitude of different opponents. A great thing about this ladder, is that you're not restricted to For Glory stages, and you can interact with your opponent, in between or after your games, and LOTS if not everyone is helpful and can point out your bad habits and weaknesses.

Keep an open mind when on the ladder:

- Accept that you're not very good right now
- Accept that you have weaknesses that you need to address
- Accept that you have bad habits, these are being exploited and this is why you are losing
- Accept that you need to listen to the constructive criticism, and don't take it to heart; use it to improve!

Disclaimer: I am in no way a pro, or even capable player. I have constructed this post from advice I have taken myself, and personal experience.

Please don't get mad; we're all in the same boat!

It's corny as ****, however the main aspect is to please make sure you're having fun and enjoying playing the game :)

Top Bottom