• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What moves should Sonic have in project M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
And then replace his Dash Attack with his current Side B :D

Tbqh I'd like his Brawl Fair back, since I allways felt it would be another option for approaching aside from spin dash.

Also Id love his old Utilt Back and replace his Usmash with the 2.5 Utilt

But w/e thats just me...

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I already like the way he is, i would suggest these ideas for smash 4 instead.

Revven

FrankerZ
We're not looking for suggestions to change entire moves on characters released. That's not what these character subforums are for whatsoever.

Tero.

Smash Champion
While I know that and understand it partway I don't really get it on the otherhand.
Just ready what other people think about the character wouldn't hurt you. Probably you won't like most of the stuff, but maybe someone has a idea you guys really like.
You can't lose, imo.

However my post above was by no means any kind of suggestion. It was just my opinion/personal preferences about the character.
I love the work of the PMBR and really apriciate what they're doing for the community.

Mind that i'm not a native speaker, so my english could be a little off

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
The reason I'm suggesting this is because his Spin Dash and Spin Charge is almost the same thing.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
The reason I'm suggesting this is because his Spin Dash and Spin Charge is almost the same thing.
Maybe they seem similiar since they both have the word 'spin' in them but they are both totally different and are used differently.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Well the Sonic Boost can be used the same way as the Spin Dash with the same control's.

Revven

FrankerZ
You can't lose, imo.
Yes we can. If a move gets completely axed for something entirely new (i.e changing Sonic's Side B to boost for an arbitrary reason like the OP is suggesting) the metagame developed for that move is lost and people have to relearn the character in some facet. Even if the move can perform the same things, it's still going to be different simply because of the animation itself.

People do not like relearning stuff. It's been the one thing most people throw at P:M as a reason not to play it. They don't want to relearn a character every time there's a new release. It would also throw off any MU development from the previous release and among other things.

The negatives of it far outweigh any potential positives you get out of it. The game wouldn't be taken seriously if a character like Sonic had moves axed after having them for two releases now already.

If we weren't confident about the moves given to Sonic he would not be released currently.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Yes we can. If a move gets completely axed for something entirely new (i.e changing Sonic's Side B to boost for an arbitrary reason like the OP is suggesting) the metagame developed for that move is lost and people have to relearn the character in some facet. Even if the move can perform the same things, it's still going to be different simply because of the animation itself.

People do not like relearning stuff. It's been the one thing most people throw at P:M as a reason not to play it. They don't want to relearn a character every time there's a new release. It would also throw off any MU development from the previous release and among other things.

The negatives of it far outweigh any potential positives you get out of it. The game wouldn't be taken seriously if a character like Sonic had moves axed after having them for two releases now already.

If we weren't confident about the moves given to Sonic he would not be released currently.
What I meant is that you can't lose if you let people suggest stuff. This doesn't imply that you're actually implent those ideas in the game. It's just another choice you have.
Since you're making this game for the community let them tell you want they want. Obviously you know better whats more reasonable that's why you decide. But you can't lose anything if you just listen to the ideas of the community.

Edit: Also what you're saying isn't entirely true since you DID change a lot of stuff which people then had to relearn.

Edit: Sonics (Fire) Somersault would be great as a dash attack http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Somersault
This would only be an aesthetic change and it would make Sonic less spinny

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
The Fire Somersault wasn't used in games as frequently as the Sonic Boost + it would have been perfect for a side-B attack. What if in mid air the side-B is the Spin Dash and on land its the Sonic Boost.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
When the people making it say 'we aren't going to change it' arguing 'well you should' isn't gonna work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom