• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where does Mr. Game & Watch fall on the tier list?

awert

Smash Rookie
What do you mean he doesn't have an amazing combo game? I totally disagree. As for where he is on the tier list, I would say mid tier or top of low tier.

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
GnW is hard to judge as a consistant play style, aside from throw combos, he seems to be un-established. It's sorta like fighting Charizard players on FG. Their play styles vary to large degrees until you run into that bad dude you didn't see coming. For every 30 you fight, you'll run across 1 that knows everything about that character. Those fights are fun to watch. And those bad dudes have an unspoken consistency, you just don't see unicorns often.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...:4gaw: is low-mid (ranked 40th of 58) due to a couple of nerfs: the loss of Bucket Braking (which helped him stay alive for quite a while in Brawl) and having slower recovery on some moves like some of his tilts. But on the bright side he possesses high damage output with things like back-air, neutral air, or even up-tilt. His grapple game is better than Brawl in that his throws not only execute faster, but his down throw is quite the combo starter.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
game and watch is slow and has laggy moves, he's an unfortunate combination of light and floaty, and he gets juggled pretty badly.

but, he has two trump cards between the bucket and judge, his combo game is decent, and he has reasonably good kill power. prolly lower-mid tier; he has major problems but he's better than falco or pac-man.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
zero's tier list is trash gw is high tier on it. i think he is top of low
Zero has a pretty big high tier, I think he should have a bigger mid myself, but order wise G&W doesn't fall much lower than where Zero puts him, I'd say he is 35th-36th at worst atm. G&W isn't low tier, his momentum swing is too strong imo. He has top tier damage output, but a subpar neutral and OK kill potential. Putting on 40%+ in one grab in a true combo is pretty amazing and rare, and on characters with decent toot toot ranges he can take a stock extremely quickly even without gimping or 9 by catching a few landings. He can be pretty amazing, definitely too good for low tier. As long as you can get in G&W is extremely formidable. Most of his bad matchups come from never being able to catch the opponent or not getting enough off his punishes. If you can make up for that with player reading and patience you can beat pretty much anyone.

Top Bottom