• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where will Sheik fall in the new tier list?

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
In Melee Sheik was #3 on the tier list. But do you think she will still even be top 5 in Brawl, or will she be nerfed to be lower? I hope she is still as good as she was in melee but we all know that she will have to be balanced with the new characters and changes made to the veterans.

schep

Smash Cadet
If Sheik is even remotely similar to her melee attributes she will undoubtedly be able to be played extremely well. I'm thinking with what we know about the new physics, Sheik would easily be a top five character on the tier list.

-Y-peace-Y-

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I really hoped she/he is nerfed. Maybe not to a point of suckage, but at least get rid of the cheapness that Sheik always brought to the stage.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
I think it is fairly obvious that there are some balance issues with Shiek and she will be nerfed, but no one except Schep really talked about my question where do you think she will end up? Top tier, high tier, or below?

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I think this thread is going to get closed.

And the reason that it would, is because with Brawl not even out, we have no idea how Sheik will do with the new game and how it plays.

From what little knowledge we have about Brawl, i would think she will be good...

Redragon

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
If it gets closed it gets closed.

I'm just trying to get a discussion going about Sheik and if she will be as good as in Melee or not based on what we know at this current moment. It is just speculation and would be no worse than all of the prediction threads in the general discussion.

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
I also hope Shiek is middle tier, then again I also hope the tier divisions are few, like only a high mid and low tier, seeing as we all know they will split hte characters into tiers even though everyone doesn't want them, im thinkking that since it's so much easier to recover shiek might have a harder time merely fairing people to death, or chaingrabbing since at E4A Gimpy said that it was much harder to combo grabs into grabs except for like pikachu i think...

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
I had a feeling that she would probably be nerfed to mid tier. Just wanted to get some opinions from the community. But, making her harder to use would be kind of nice if she could still keep some of her power.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I don't think she will be nerfed to mid tier but I don't think she will be as powerful. Also if some of her attacks are nerfed then I am sure they will upgrade some of her other attacks. Like they did with Link. The problem is that no one has played as Sheik yet as stated above. So it is a little hard to speculate at this point.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
Although it is true that we don't know for sure what she will play like I am just trying to get some preliminary discussion going. Everyone has opinions about what should be done and I want to hear them.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I really hoped she/he is nerfed. Maybe not to a point of suckage, but at least get rid of the cheapness that Sheik always brought to the stage.
Yeah, it made me feel like cheating everytime I played. I would beat my freinds and they would just complain. As for a position on a teir list, probably high or mid teir. All depends on how many people stick to her in tournaments and win after she gets nerfed.

S2

Smash Lord
She will be high up on the tier list for sure.

She seems mostly the same and was naturally very good in Melee. Given Fox's nerfs, her chances are only raised. Unless one of the new characters is suddenly a powerhouse we didn't expect.

Top Bottom