• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the sword master?

The sword master

• Roy

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Cloud

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769

Vs

I know everyone had the chance to play Roy or cloud(Or go against them in For Glory)Who do you think is the best sword weilder?
Rules:State why(Option but preferred)
Don't hate on others opinions

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
It's way to early to make an objective call lol. But from what I can see, Roy has a lot easier neutral and his grabs are hundreds of times more punishing. But Cloud starts getting guaranteed kill confirms around 50 percent if he has limit break. It all depends on if Clouds aerials can make the difference in the neutral game for his lack of ability to punish shields. From my testing, spaced out fair and Nair is very safe on shield. But he doesn't get much reward for this kind of hit, he has to land close to get good kill confirms.

Roy can reaction tech chase out of Fthrow and dtilt. Cloud can do it out of Nair, but his chases end sooner and in smaller punishes due to lack of throw follow-up.

My gut is telling me that Roy is the better character. My character bias is also telling me it's Roy. But there's something to be said about having a move that reliably kills at 50, covers all ledge options, and can even be comboed into with some moves. So we'll see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom