• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Lv9 CPU Mario so evil?!

Ryumancer

Smash Rookie
Title is self-explanatory for the most part. Other Lv9s I can at least 2-stock or keep a stable lead on. But freaking Mario dodges or cancels out all my attacks and constantly, EFFORTLESSLY, FLAWLESSLY uses his D-air (Mario Tornado) to offset any ground game I have prepared for him when he gets close. And don't get me started on the CONSTANT grabbing. And the ridiculous input reading is just...😑

Is there something I'm missing here? To me, Lv9 Mario is even harder than the Sephiroth Challenge on Very Hard. I struggle with all 5 of my mains :ultcloud: :ultridley::ultsonic::ultryu::ultken:. At least Sonic's speed gets me enough of a reprieve.

Should I even be fighting Lv9s? Is there even any point or bragging rights to beating them? Any advice, guys? Kinda desperate. Preferably with the "you sucks" and the "git guds" to a minimum? Got a lot of that flak on a different forum.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Because he's tired of being killed in Character reveal trailers.

aleisol

Smash Rookie
Well, while casually it would work, I think that having 5 mains competitively isn't helping you... It's generally best to have 1 main and a pocket character to offset their bad matchups... Focusing on two characters or even just 1 will help you get really good with those two (or one) and your matchup against Mario will improve as well.

Ridley, Ryu, and Ken all have unfavorable matchup spreads against Mario (this information was found on EVENTHUBS, a community ran tier-list maker).

And fighting Lvl. 9 CPUs... It has its uses I admit, but it also facilitates habits that work most often against ~you've guessed it~ CPUs. You're probably well aware, but fighting against real people is extremely different than CPUs, and fighting people in real life vs. wifi is once again extremely different. As we are in the middle of a global pandemic fighting against people in person is uh... not really happening, however, online is what most of us have for now unless we use slippi or Nintendo fixes online.

I'm really, really sorry if this wasn't what you were hoping for, but let me know if I can help you by answering anything else!

Top Bottom