• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Lady Gaga is better than your faves.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=4855]Why Lady Gaga is so much better than your faves.[/drupal]

A simple breakdown as to why Lady Godga has been, currently is, and always will be better than you faves.
And you will deal.

Her talent.

Music SO versatile it ranges from fun mainstream friendly pop to the deeper more through provoking songs that you won't fully understand just by listening to it once, some even have both of these qualities meshed into one masterpiece.
"Take Poker Face, which on the surface is another in a long line of empty, synth-laden club tracks, but in actuality is a bi-curious lament about pining after women when you're with a man, or vice versa."
Her music from her latest albums has this merging of rock/pop music that just turns out ingenious on some songs.
Those beats.
That synth.
That voice.
All this ***** needs is her voice and piano to create better music than your faves could ever hope to.

Get back to me when your faves sound this good singing live and playing an instrument.

Her iconic performances.

When she performs it is ALWAYS on point and flawfree.
Her voice is always amazing, she dances and sings at the same time all in heels and the creativity she puts into her work is mind blowing.
For example, her Paparazzi performance at the 2009 VMAs was pure brilliance in the form of a performance.
This Iconic performance was a commentary on the obsession society has with the rise and fall of pop stars.
She even took it far enough as to bleed to death onstage in front of a live audience, essentially giving the media what they so desperately crave from popstars through the art of performance.

During her Monster Ball this ***** even gets eaten by a giant angler fish AND sets her boobs on fire.
She will even make you cry just from playing the ****ing piano.

HEW ELSE WOULD BE ABLE TO PULL OF SOMETHING THIS AMAZING???

Her outfits.
Could your faves ever invent a living dress with wings??

Could your faves ever go on a Japanese talk show wearing this???

Could your faves ever in their lifetime wear glasses made of burning cigarettes????

Your faves could never rock some ****ing MEAT and be this flawless in the process.

What is this you don't even...

More success than your top 5 faves put together.
Not even 3 full years in the business and she's already outsold your faves with JUST 2 /12 albums.

DAT ***
[COLLAPSE="DAT ***"]

[/COLLAPSE]
HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Her creativity.
“I have this weird thing that if I sleep with someone they’re going to take my creativity from me through my vagina.” -Lady Gaga
The modern Picasso of our time.
Her creativity has no limits
You fave arrives in a limo to the red carpet?

She arrives in a mother ****ing vessel and proceeds to be born anew on stage.
People say she's run out of ideas?

Arrive as the opposite gender and blow everyone's mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUR FAVES COULD NEVER SMASHBOARDS!!!!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Jesus christ, not this gagaism again. >_>
If I see anything in resemblance to pasta, I'm going to contact both authorities.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lady Gaga has some good music, but it's **** like this that sometimes makes me ashamed to call myself a fan of her music.

#1 + #2: Does she have talent? Certainly. She can definitely put on a performance, she has a great voice, and she is a very skilled piano player. That's why I respect her as an artist.

#3: The outfits and crap, however, don't really contribute to her being better than anyone or anything. At first, it was creative and interesting. Then it got to the point of sheer ridiculousness, and when she went up on stage at the VMAs and dressed and acted like a man and spoke about herself in the third person, that was just creepy.

#4: Just because someone is successful doesn't mean she's any better than anything. Fame doesn't prove anything, there are some very, very talented artists who have not gotten half the recognition they deserve just because the general population is looking for no more than a catchy song. Thus the massive success of songs like "Pumped Up Kicks," which people would realize is about a school shooting if they weren't too busy listening to the catchy beat to care.

#5: Trololololol

#6: Same as #3 really, creativity is more than just being as outlandish as possible.

---

This whole blog is probably a trolololol but I'll respond to it anyway, assuming full seriousness, because this attitude makes me mad and I know that there are people who actually think that Lady Gaga is the best artist to ever exist. Lady Gaga is an artist I like and used to respect quite a bit, but the fact of the matter is that she is not at all the best artist out there. She isn't the only person in the world who can sing and play piano, and there are people who have written far more unique and thought-provoking lyrics than her. I'd also respect her a lot more if she put her voice and skills to use more instead of using gimmicks such as the use of a million random foreign languages and controversial lyrics and videos to get her fame. If you listen to her pre-Gaga stuff, she has a lot of talent, and on one hand, that makes me respect her a lot. On the other hand, when you listen to the albums she's put out and realized that she went from piano-rock to dance-pop, it sort of makes me think that she went for fame by giving into what everyone wanted instead of just following what she actually had. Honestly, I still think her ballads are some of her best songs ("Brown Eyes" is likely my favorite song of hers, and "Speechless" is up there), which is why it sucks that she didn't even have one on Born This Way. (You And I doesn't count; it was a ballad when she played it live, but the studio version is really not a ballad.)

Do I still enjoy her music? Certainly. Do I still respect her as an artist? Well, pre-BTW, definitely; after that, it's somewhat questionable. But there are artists out there who are far more talented than she is, and they didn't have to resort to inciting controversy just to get fame. Imogen Heap may not be widely popular, but she is certainly one of the most talented musical artists currently out there.

Music is subjective anyway, I don't even see a point in deciding any particular "best" in the industry, but if you're going to claim someone as the best, they should be more than just the latest pop fad.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Then it got to the point of sheer ridiculousness, and when she went up on stage at the VMAs and dressed and acted like a man and spoke about herself in the third person, that was just creepy.

Same as #3 really, creativity is more than just being as outlandish as possible.
2deep4u

I know that there are people who actually think that Lady Gaga is the best artist to ever exist.

On the other hand, when you listen to the albums she's put out and realized that she went from piano-rock to dance-pop, it sort of makes me think that she went for fame by giving into what everyone wanted instead of just following what she actually had.

Do I still enjoy her music? Certainly. Do I still respect her as an artist? Well, pre-BTW, definitely; after that, it's somewhat questionable. But there are artists out there who are far more talented than she is, and they didn't have to resort to inciting controversy just to get fame. Imogen Heap may not be widely popular, but she is certainly one of the most talented musical artists currently out there.
That's the thing though, she's smart.
She had a message she wanted to get out there, and she knew what appealed to the mainstream so she deliberately went mainstream to say what she wanted to say.
She said herself "Sometimes you have to trick people into listening to smart".
Just because her genres changed doesn't mean her music is any less profound lyrically.
And I highly doubt most of her lyrics are just to catch attention, her outfits do that well enough already.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
All transvestites confirmed for gods.

Nobody's done that before, Dair.
v

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't dislike gaga or anything but please stop pretending her schtick hasn't been done before and pretending you know anything about music plzthxbai

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
That's something I have noticed, a lot of Gaga supporters act as if she's some kind of musical genius that has changed music as we know it. In my eyes she's a popular female pop star whose only different trait is her unusual wardrobe, nothing more.

I have nothing against her particularly, but please, enjoy her for what she is.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't dislike gaga or anything but please stop pretending her schtick hasn't been done before and pretending you know anything about music plzthxbai
That's something I have noticed, a lot of Gaga supporters act as if she's some kind of musical genius that has changed music as we know it. In my eyes she's a popular female pop star whose only different trait is her unusual wardrobe, nothing more.

Quoting these for emphasis.

Lady Gaga wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for Madonna for stealing everything she's already done, that Laurieann girl for helping her steal everything Madonna's already done, and RedOne for providing her with the beats and hooks she didn't rip from Madonna.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh, definitely. She's going for something deep, not just going for crazy and controversial.

That's the thing though, she's smart.
She had a message she wanted to get out there, and she knew what appealed to the mainstream so she deliberately went mainstream to say what she wanted to say.
She said herself "Sometimes you have to trick people into listening to smart".
Just because her genres changed doesn't mean her music is any less profound lyrically.
She is smart, but not in a way that necessarily makes me respect her more. Yes, that means she knew what people wanted and appealed to them for fame and, I guess, to get her "message" out (whatever message that is). That takes some intelligence to do. But I'd respect her more if she tried to breakthrough with what she started with and with what really puts her talent as a singer to better use. I listen to a lot of pop music, but for the most part, it doesn't require a whole lot of vocal prowess. This is even more true with the invention of autotune.

Also, her music really is not any more profound than a lot of music out there. She does actually have a decent message to most of her songs and some of them do have an interesting message, but it's not like she's writing complex poetry that you have to analyze to hell to understand. She's got songs that are just "fun" like "Just Dance," she's got songs about relationships like "Bad Romance" and "Brown Eyes," and then BTW is almost (emphasis on the almost, because I'm well aware there are exceptions and I know you'll pull out contradictory songs if I don't include that) exclusively a massive "You're a good person! Embrace who you are!" motivational message. Which isn't bad, don't get me wrong, it's just that after hearing half an album of songs like that you get really bored.

And I highly doubt most of her lyrics are just to catch attention, her outfits do that well enough already.
Then I'd really like somebody to explain to me why "Jesus" is excessively used throughout BTW, why it was necessary to put like, four different languages within the first seven songs on the album, and why she needs to shout "hooker" fifty times in "Government Hooker"? Like, I very much tried to enjoy BTW in its entirety, but it just got so weird at points that it felt extremely forced. I understand the underlying meaning of "Americano" and "Government Hooker" (and I think the whole representation of the JFK/Marilyn Monroe thing is cool), but the chanting in Spanish and creepy male voice in the background just made it hard to not be completely turned off.

(So yes, I did get the songs, I just think it was bizarre.)

This. So much truth.

There's a difference between someone putting out some music that you think is good and somebody who's amazing and revolutionary. So many people (including Gaga herself) are convinced that she's one of (if not the) best songwriters out there, and they think she's changed music. She really hasn't. Nothing she's done has actually changed anything, except maybe upped (or lowered, depending on your perspective) the standard for costumes.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Quoting these for emphasis.

Lady Gaga wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for Madonna for stealing everything she's already done, that Laurieann girl for helping her steal everything Madonna's already done, and RedOne for providing her with the beats and hooks she didn't rip from Madonna.
But for every one thing you name that she stole from Madonna I can name 5 more she is credited with being original for.

Then I'd really like somebody to explain to me why "Jesus" is excessively used throughout BTW, why it was necessary to put like, four different languages within the first seven songs on the album, and why she needs to shout "hooker" fifty times in "Government Hooker"? Like, I very much tried to enjoy BTW in its entirety, but it just got so weird at points that it felt extremely forced. I understand the underlying meaning of "Americano" and "Government Hooker" (and I think the whole representation of the JFK/Marilyn Monroe thing is cool), but the chanting in Spanish and creepy male voice in the background just made it hard to not be completely turned off.
She is a very religious woman.
She is a very cultured woman with fans from all around the world so why not use different languages?
Because that's the chorus!

double post just to say that I can never listen to her anymore
ever
respect = lost forever
Everyone please watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGYSeckYNw
Hate comin my way but whatever.

Top Bottom