• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witch Time Footstools

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
found a deadly finish by footstooling on top off witch timing in the air vs someone just now.
up-special > easy foot stool at the end of witch time so now they're still vulnerable after WT clocks out> down-air connected mid air for the kill.

I'd like to mess around more, but if you aim your up-special to start right below them it makes for a really simple footstool after. but yeah, otherwise I'm sure there's tons of optimal combos for certain situations that close WT with a foot stool.

WT seems so powerful to me... it's really one of the biggest end game trump cards. She is probably the most dangerous opponent to attack if you're on last stock higher % dmg even a jab is beyond risky.

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
If you really wanna mess with people, bait them with dair offstage and use the cancel at the end of it to jump off them. I did that like 6 times on FG

Pineapple_

Smash Cadet
Yeah! Please I would to see videos.

Also, anyone know what her jab locks are if she has one?

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I don't have an account to post videos, unfortunately. It's really only useful against people recovering low.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I've added a clip of what I was talking about in the first post.

Last edited:

Pineapple_

Smash Cadet
Sweet, I'm going to check it out.

I also have a Bayonetta stage spike kill, but has no audio....

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Honestly... Witch Time is meta shattering. Every follow up I've learned up until now is easily stuffable into something horrifying. It turns it into such a mind game at every turn. Playing against her is essentially turning almost all non true combos with a tiny frame into new 50/50s. It's great once you've played against the person about a million times and you fake out WT for big punishes. but it turns so many situations into a stand still if you truly want to be safe... kinda kills aggro style and that's my favorite to play. I can be patient, I can zone, but I love to just choke out their possibilities with right moves, and this makes so many of those moves wrong moves with match up knowledge. Scary stuff

Pineapple_

Smash Cadet
I like how witch time moves back a little just in case your opponent goes for a grab.

Top Bottom