• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow, A ton of stuff went down at SWF yesterday

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=555]Wow, A ton of stuff went down at SWF yesterday[/drupal]

So in the same day, we get a new backroom discussion and the FREAKING TIER LIST.

Pit's discussion was interesting, and I've honestly think I underestimated him. He has so many tricks to do with his arrows; it's insane. Not all of his little tricks seemed to be useful though. I saw Pit's "Wingdash" thing and I didn't really see the point in it. Can pit do move faster or implement in more attacks?

Someone please prove me wrong. It'd be kind of neat if it was useful.

There is one thing that got me a little frustrated about pit being the subject of the week. Yoshi still hasn't been covered yet, and the people who are always guessing that Yoshi is the next character to be covered is starting to make the mother discussion thread unreadable.

Let's hope he finally comes in this week -_x

The biggest news that cane out yesterday was definately the tier list. The backroom finally put one together, and I was honestly really surprised to see it up so soon. I thought we'd have to wait until December to see the list, but the backroom was working on it right under our noses.

As far as the actual placement of tiers go, I'm honestly happy with a lot of it. Lucas being low stung a little, but he hasn't had an awesome player pop up and win a bunch of tournaments yet. It's really nice to see the tiers being so top heavy now, I guess there aren't really that many unplayable characters in brawl (yet).

I'd really love for the SBR to give us a comentary to go with the tiers. It would be awesome if we could actually get inside the heads of the BRoomers and have them explain why each character was placed, why they went so high up, and why they went no higher.

I suppose that's really just a pipe dream though, It would probably take a huge amount of time and effort to summarize every characters thoughts according to the BRoomers.

On a more humorous note, as soon as I saw Bowser's placement, I chuckled a little. I remembered the scene from the second Brawl taunts when Bowser complains he can never be a good character.

and now he sits as the best fighter from the mushroom kingdom ;D

Top Bottom