• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOW! this fox got *****. [ Infinite ]

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
That works for any move that you can do repeatitively. Since he's against the wall fox doesn't move away from ness. Ness' d-tilt can be down repetitively. This also works with kirby's a, sheiks a, captain falcon's a, and, to some extent, peach's d-smash.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Ness's Dtilt functions almost exactly the same as Pikachu's and Pichu's neutral A. It will go just about as fast as you push the button.

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
I think I speak for all Ness players when I say that whoever that is, he is a scourge on the good name of Ness players everywhere.

Resorting to cheap tactics such as this is what makes the game no fun to play.

I hope I never have to play this man and his cheap style in a tournament.

Ness is such a well-rounded high-level character, it's silly to stick to one move. If I had been in this situation, I would have done the only honorable thing, and let the Fox escape from the tree. Anything else would simply be dishonorable.

How is one supposed to learn from "cheap" tactics such as these?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
You learn that "cheap" tactics like these are actually effective and win you stocks?

Don't jump into the tree, no infinite. The Fox was trying to infinite the Ness in the first place anyways.

Do you argue that since Ken chainthrew Bombsoldier, he is a scourge on the name of Marth players everywhere?

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
If the Fox was trying to infinite Ness, (which I doubt he was, I've never met a Fox player that would dishonor the name of Fox McCloud by using a "cheap" tactic such as this) then the Ness had every right to jump out of the tree when an opening was created. What he did NOT have the right to do was attempt a counter-infinite such as this disgraceful slop portrayed in the video.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
hmm can i safely assume you never been to large tourney?

Fox not infiniting ness.. fox has so many ways to gay ness.. for ness to do something to fox is accetpable.. and that fox was trying to corner infinite ness but it comes down to who land it first... and in time of war.. there is no honor... its do whatever it takes to win... thats what count....

So hmm how baout up throw up -air on half the cast.. marth down-titl edge guard... sheik chain throw or tilt combo...

edit: lol i just realize you might be the ness in the video...

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
well, i was waiting for somebody to figure it out :p

Uh yeah guys, that's me in the video, it's from a crew battle in like, october. I came in with 4 stock against Romeo619 who only had one (that's why it looks like I 3 stock him in the video) I had figured out the dtilt in the tree trick the night before and saw the opportunity to land it so I went for it (airdodging into the tree). Somehow it worked.

Hooray for stupid Ness tricks!

You do what you gotta do (within the rules) to win. End of story.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Wow. This thread is getting rediculous.

This tactic is NOT cheap. Please, alone, it can only be done on 3 stages. They are Fourside, Princess Peaches Castle, and Poke'mon Stadium. Even on those stages, it's really hardto get into position. Even when you do, opponents can escape at high percents. Cheap? Sheesh, yeah right. :rolleyes:

Anyways, to do this, you need a wall to pin the opponent to and something to stop Ness from moving away from the wall (like the edge of a platform or another wall). So on Fourside and PPC, you can stand on the little pieces of land next to the main towers on both stages and repeatedly dtilt a person into the tower. So yeah, dtilts are all that are necessary.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
Wow. This thread is getting rediculous.

This tactic is NOT cheap. Please, alone, it can only be done on 3 stages. They are Fourside, Princess Peaches Castle, and Poke'mon Stadium. Even on those stages, it's really hardto get into position. Even when you do, opponents can escape at high percents. Cheap? Sheesh, yeah right. :rolleyes:

Anyways, to do this, you need a wall to pin the opponent to and something to stop Ness from moving away from the wall (like the edge of a platform or another wall). So on Fourside and PPC, you can stand on the little pieces of land next to the main towers on both stages and repeatedly dtilt a person into the tower. So yeah, dtilts are all that are necessary.
haha i think you're the one getting rediculous. in case you didn't read the whole thread, or you just happen to be illiterate, the guy complaining about that tactic being cheap was the guy who was playing ness on the video. it was meant to be a joke.

anyways good job LBK i liked how you just completely made that fox pay for trying to infinite you, i couldn't imagine the shame, that fox player must've felt pretty embarrassed

drago980

Smash Apprentice
If the Fox was trying to infinite Ness, (which I doubt he was, I've never met a Fox player that would dishonor the name of Fox McCloud by using a "cheap" tactic such as this) then the Ness had every right to jump out of the tree when an opening was created. What he did NOT have the right to do was attempt a counter-infinite such as this disgraceful slop portrayed in the video.
Ever heard of waveshining?:chuckle:

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I was about to go off on you as a scrub,,,

Good job anyways, and nice mindgames, it is not easy to get a fox into any position...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
sweeeeet....the only thing is, this only works on fast fallers.

GAMERCUS

Smash Cadet
CHEAP TACTIC? You have to play cheap with a character like......Ness(or other low tiers) . Fox, Marth, Falco, and Roy are who I consider cheap!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
thats not a true infinite....somewhere around 999% Fox gets knocked down by dtilt and he can tech out^_^ lol
this looks like fun tho im gonna do stuff with it next time i get a chance to see how it feels^_^

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
haha, this is fantastic, i really love ness even more than i did...

not cheap though, if this is considered cheap, than ice climbers should be banned:)

nice job dude

Top Bottom